• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How does a Democracy work ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stymie222

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

When an elected official (Congressman, Representative, Senator, President) blatantly refuses to enforce the laws (immigration) of this country, what power does an individual U.S. citizen have to file charges or remove said official from office, for failure to do so ?
It should not require a massive movement of the people, because it is a violation of there oath of office and a rule of law. I should be able to bring charges of this failure, individually.
If I do not have this right, then this Democracy is a sham.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

When an elected official (Congressman, Representative, Senator, President) blatantly refuses to enforce the laws (immigration) of this country, what power does an individual U.S. citizen have to file charges or remove said official from office, for failure to do so ?
It should not require a massive movement of the people, because it is a violation of there oath of office and a rule of law. I should be able to bring charges of this failure, individually.
If I do not have this right, then this Democracy is a sham.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
A nice campaign contribution should do the job nicely:p

stymie222

My Rights

No my name is not Berg.

I thought that since my rights as an individual were being stomped on, that I would have received at least a decent answer here.

Is it fair that a pregnant women can break in to my house, force me to pay for the medical bills to deliver the child and feed it, then demand that I pay for its education through college ?

I see no difference between that scenario and what is happening to our country.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The rest of us do, which is why we are not asking asinine questions like this one.

A review of your posts reveals that you are one of those selfish jerks who objects to any law that does not directly benefit you personally. If it benefits someone else and there is even a remote chance that a single penny of one of your tax dollars will contribute to that benefit, you're against it.

Since I intensely dislike creeps like you, I will not contribute further to this discussion except to say that if you disapprove of the way this country attempts to assist its citizens and those who live herein, you are free to leave and live somewhere that the laws are more to your approval. If they'll have you, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">