• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

John E

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

John E

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

California, non profit car club

Non profit org. -A- affileated with a national org. -B- where originally B required all members of A to be members of B. Then changed requirement permiting members of A without membership in B. with the Benifits of B to for insurence. Now several years
later the membership in A is 60% members of B and 40% not members of B.
Is it fair to the membership who pays dues for both A & B which pays for the lion share of the insurance. The bylaws state ---the purpose of this club to help these owners become better acquainted, encourage and maintain among its members the spirit of good fellowship, sociality, and fair play through sponsored activities including the use of the car and family participation.
I have read that Officers and Boards have been found liable for unfair practices. Is this example of what I think is unfair to the membership fall into a liable for either the A org. or the B for not anticipating the out come of the changes they made.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

California, non profit car club

Non profit org. -A- affileated with a national org. -B- where originally B required all members of A to be members of B. Then changed requirement permiting members of A without membership in B. with the Benifits of B to for insurence. Now several years
later the membership in A is 60% members of B and 40% not members of B.
Is it fair to the membership who pays dues for both A & B which pays for the lion share of the insurance. The bylaws state ---the purpose of this club to help these owners become better acquainted, encourage and maintain among its members the spirit of good fellowship, sociality, and fair play through sponsored activities including the use of the car and family participation.
I have read that Officers and Boards have been found liable for unfair practices. Is this example of what I think is unfair to the membership fall into a liable for either the A org. or the B for not anticipating the out come of the changes they made.
**A: who's on first?

OHRoadwarrior

Group A needs amend their rules enacting a surcharge to cover insurance costs of A only members, who want benefit of B insurance coverage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">