• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal and regultrory environment for text payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doug02346

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
I am working on a new text billing start-up. If successful it will result in a new business model (not like http://text2pay.com) and perhaps even the need for new legal regulations. I need to know what regulatory obstacles I will face and if the governing laws of paying bills via a text message are regulated by each state, or some specific government agency such as the FCC or FTC.

Thank you,

Cordially,

Doug

FlyingRon

This is way beyond the self help. Even if you do not maintain funds on account (which would raise you to the level of banking regulation) there are lots of issues with payment processing.
You would need real legal advice.

tranquility

I'd say legal, accounting and tax advice are a core competency to the business. If not for that, what is this?

I agree with FlyingRon completely. Not only would an enterprise need a lot of experts up front, but also will need continuing representation all the way along. This does not seem like something which can legally be done without a LOT of capitalization.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">