• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my stuff stolen recovered proven to be mine now quartermaster deputy wont answer phon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

silusmarner

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? michigan.I WANT TO ABOUT ANY LAWS OR RIGHTS THAT MIGHT HELP MERECOVER MY STOLEN ASSETS FROM POLICE.ANYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS TOPIC MIGHT HELP.THANKS!

Last edited:

tranquility

If they're evidence, they may be needed for trial. If they are not clearly yours, you may need to sue to get them back. If they were seized under civil forfeiture laws, you have to sue to even have a chance to get them back.

What is happening?

silusmarner

if they're evidence, they may be needed for trial. If they are not clearly yours, you may need to sue to get them back. If they were seized under civil forfeiture laws, you have to sue to even have a chance to get them back.

What is happening?
the cop that took my gold back from the pawnshop that i found it at called says it is mine based on evidence and i could just go get it from the quartermaster but i cant make contact with him.maybe they are holding it still because the two suspects disappeared on the same day the gold was sold one was my ex girlfriend.IFI WAS GOING TO SUE THEM SHOULD I FILE A COMPLAINT CLAIM DELIVERY OR WHAT?

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
the cop that took my gold back from the pawnshop that i found it at called says it is mine based on evidence and i could just go get it from the quartermaster but i cant make contact with him.maybe they are holding it still because the two suspects disappeared on the same day the gold was sold one was my ex girlfriend.
Maybe you ought to make a personal visit to the "Quartermaster"

Mass_Shyster

the cop that took my gold back from the pawnshop that i found it at called says it is mine based on evidence and i could just go get it from the quartermaster but i cant make contact with him.maybe they are holding it still because the two suspects disappeared on the same day the gold was sold one was my ex girlfriend.
Send a letter, certified, return receipt requested, asking for your property to be returned.

Silverplum

You can't make contact with the quartermaster? Go to the station instead of emailing or calling.

silusmarner

maybe you ought to make a personal visit to the "quartermaster"
i tried twice but he was not there and they office people give me the same phone to reach him even though i told them it seems to be some other deputies voicemail no response when they page him either.have tried for two weeks now.called their major no response yet.

CdwJava

As previously mentioned by Tranquility, if the property is needed as evidence in a criminal proceeding, it may not be able to be released.

Once you make contact with someone at the police department who can tell you how to retrieve your property - if it is possible, you may then have to get written permission from the prosecutor for its release. And if the evidence was seized pursuant to a search warrant, you will need a release from the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">