• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help Badly!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vj05

I need help finding a Florida lawyer who deals with government complaints. The Florida Highway and Safety and Motor Vehicles issued another person my same driver's license number which was their fault. We both have the name DL#, but live in two different counties. She has a criminal record and a driving record and I do not. All her criminal information and driving record is under my name. I have not been able to find a job that will hire me since 2009 because of this person's felonies and misdemeanors being under my name,DL# and social security number.

This has caused alot of stress for me and my family for years now and each month i have been trying to get this taken care of. I'd speak to someone who tells me it will be and then a month or so later find out this person's information is still under my DL#, SS#, and ruining my name and life! I even moved to a different state to try to get away from this and still here in the new state I can not get a job or even get my name on the apartment lease until I prove this information is not mines! I contacted this other person who clearly doesn't care that she is causing all these problems. I had never seen,spoken to or met this person until i got her information from a police report which I had to travel 2 hours to get because like I said, we live in two different counties.This person basically told me that that is her DL# and she is not going to stop using it and to basically leave her alone about it! She even had a rental car reported stolen and returned damaged and now 'I' am on the DO NOT RENT list with that rental car company!

Where do I start and who do I contact? I have contacted numerous Florida agencies from FDLE,DMV, and the sherieff and have been told over and over it would be taken care of since 2008 and it hasn't. I just received a letter in the mail today saying my Florida driver's license is suspended for unpaid tickets in a county I never lived in, it's the other person's county of residence. I have another state driver's license now but this Florida DMV Letter of Suspension letter was mailed to my new address states away from Florida. When I contacted the FHSMV and spoke with the same lady who was supposed to resolve this issue a month again she told me there is nothing they can do and that I have to attend court in that county. A COUNTY I HAVE NEVER EVER BEEN TO or resided in! I don't plan on attending this court or paying for these tickets because it was not me who received them. So after that a warrant is going to be issued for my arrest and i'm going to be arrested for some else's mistake?!

This is so frustrating beyond words and I am pregnant with a high risk pregnancy already and this is stressing me out day after day. Where do I begin? I am in need of help from someone who can help resolve this situation and file a complaint because this person should have never been issued the same DL# as I was in the first place! Someone help me please!

Last edited:

HomeGuru

I need help finding a Florida lawyer who deals with government complaints. The Florida Highway and Safety and Motor Vehicles issued another person my same driver's license number which was their fault. We both have the name DL#, but live in two different counties. She has a criminal record and a driving record and I do not. All her criminal information and driving record is under my name. I have not been able to find a job that will hire me since 2009 because of this person's felonies and misdemeanors being under my name,DL# and social security number. This has caused alot of stress for me and my family for years now and each month i have been trying to get this taken care of. I'd speak to someone who tells me it will be and then a month or so later find out this person's information is still under my DL#, SS#, and ruining my name and life! I even moved to a different state to try to get away from this and still here in the new state I can not get a job or even get my name on the apartment lease until I prove this information is not mines! I contacted this other person who clearly doesn't care that she is causing all these problems. I had never seen,spoken to or met this person until i got her information from a police report which I had to travel 2 hours to get because like I said, we live in two different counties.This person basically told me that that is her DL# and she is not going to stop using it and to basically leave her alone about it! She even had a rental car reported stolen and returned damaged and now 'I' am on the DO NOT RENT list with that rental car company! Where do I start and who do I contact? I have contacted numerous Florida agencies from FDLE,DMV, and the sherieff and have been told over and over it would be taken care of since 2008 and it hasn't. I just received a letter in the mail today saying my Florida driver's license is suspended for unpaid tickets in a county I never lived in, it's the other person's county of residence. I have another state driver's license now but this Florida DMV Letter of Suspension letter was mailed to my new address states away from Florida. When I contacted the FHSMV and spoke with the same lady who was supposed to resolve this issue a month again she told me there is nothing they can do and that I have to attend court in that county. A COUNTY I HAVE NEVER EVER BEEN TO or resided in! I don't plan on attending this court or paying for these tickets because it was not me who received them. So after that a warrant is going to be issued for my arrest and i'm going to be arrested for some else's mistake?! This is so frustrating beyond words and I am pregnant with a high risk pregnancy already and this is stressing me out day after day. Where do I begin? I am in need of help from someone who can help resolve this situation and file a complaint because this person should have never been issued the same DL# as I was in the first place! Someone help me please!
**A: rambling and hard to read, Hire a good attorney.

Vj05

I've done that

I have been on the internet, searched yellow pages, asked others and still can't find anyone to help me. I have spoken to a few attorneys and they have no idea where to begin to help me or have never heard of a situation like this. One lawyer even told me its going to be hard to get anyone to help me because this involves the government. So am I suppose to let my identity stay like this and possibly end up with a warrant and get arrested? This other person is fine because her name is clear, every crime that she does and every ticket she gets goes directly under my name. :(

Hot Topic

I have been on the internet, searched yellow pages, asked others and still can't find anyone to help me. I have spoken to a few attorneys and they have no idea where to begin to help me or have never heard of a situation like this. One lawyer even told me its going to be hard to get anyone to help me because this involves the government. So am I suppose to let my identity stay like this and possibly end up with a warrant and get arrested? This other person is fine because her name is clear, every crime that she does and every ticket she gets goes directly under my name. :(

It's hard to believe that the same driver's license number would be given to two different people, and that when it was entered, the other person's information would automatically pop up for you.

What you talk about is a form of identity theft. I find it hard to believe that "a few" attorneys have no idea where to begin to help you or have never heard of a situation like yours. I assume you presented them proof?

I also note that you mention Florida, then you indicate you moved to another state but were still having problems. You then turned around and said (again) that the person was two counties away.

Last edited:

Vj05

It's hard to believe that the same driver's license number would be given to two different people, and that when it was entered, the other person's information would automatically pop up for you.

What you talk about is a form of identity theft. I find it hard to believe that "a few" attorneys have no idea where to begin to help you or have never heard of a situation like yours. I assume you presented them proof?

I also note that you mention Florida, then you indicate you moved to another state but were still having problems. You then turned around and said (again) that the person was two counties away.

Well believe it or not it is true. Another female who also lives in Florida was given the same DL# that I was given. I do have proof(many letters from the DMV and Florida Department of Law Enforcement as proof). It is not "identity theft". I found out about the situation back in 2008 when I was denied a job based on a felony being on my background that wasn't mines. I filed a identity theft claim with the FDLE and was sent a letter saying my identity has been compromised and that "my" record is clean and that the situation would be taken care of but was not because as long as she is using my same DL# my record is will ALWAYS be affected.

I even filed a fraud claim with the Florida Highway and Safety Motor Vehicles department and that is when I found out through them that someone was issued the same DL# that I was issued mistakenly and it was never corrected. Me and this other person are the same race, miraculously born on the same day of the same year, and have similar names but are spelled differently.The FHSMV told me that they where sending a letter to this other person to go get another DL# but she never went in to do so. And after trying to find out who this person was I contacted her from information given on a police report she filed in another county and she just told me that she's not doing anything about it and to leave her alone.

I have never heard of two person's being given the same DL# either until I found myself in this situation. I have contacted identity theft attorneys and unfortunately this is not identity theft or fraud so thats what makes it so hard for me to find help.

*And please no sarcastic comments*

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Well believe it or not it is true. Another female who also lives in Florida was given the same DL# that I was given. I do have proof(many letters from the DMV and Florida Department of Law Enforcement as proof). It is not "identity theft". I found out about the situation back in 2008 when I was denied a job based on a felony being on my background that wasn't mines. I filed a identity theft claim with the FDLE and was sent a letter saying my identity has been compromised and that "my" record is clean and that the situation would be taken care of but was not.

I even filed a fraud claim with the Florida Highway and Safety Motor Vehicles department and that is when I found out through them that someone was issued the same DL# that I was issued mistakenly and it was never corrected. Me and this other person are the same race, miraculously born on the same day of the same year, and have similar names but are spelled differently.The FHSMV told me that they where sending a letter to this other person to go get another DL# but she never went in to do so. And after trying to find out who this person was I contacted her from information given on a police report she filed in another county and she just told me that she's not doing anything about it and to leave her alone.

I have never heard of two person's being given the same DL# either until I found myself in this situation. I have contacted identity theft attorneys and unfortunately this is not identity theft or fraud so thats what makes it so hard for me to find help.

*And please no sarcastic comments*
This is the textbook example of identity theft...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">