• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help fast please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J.McDuffie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.
I was born in CT. with no father listed on my birth certificate. my last name from birth until age 13 was my mothers maiden name. At age 13 my mom married the man I consider my father and as a family we took the last name McDuffie. My Dad was in the military which issued me a dependant ID with my last name McDuffie. This ID was used to get my SSN Card with the last name McDuffie, I spent 6yrs in the USAF and honorably served and held a Top secret clearance as McDuffie. My marriage cert has my last name as McDuffie, as well as my childrens birth certficates also have my name on there and it says McDuffie. I just moved to Fl and cannot get a DL because my birth certificate says something different. I cannot get a job without a DL in the field of law enforcement. Someone please help mayb there is a loophole sone where.

TinkerBelleLuvr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.
I was born in CT. with no father listed on my birth certificate. my last name from birth until age 13 was my mothers maiden name. At age 13 my mom married the man I consider my father and as a family we took the last name McDuffie. My Dad was in the military which issued me a dependant ID with my last name McDuffie. This ID was used to get my SSN Card with the last name McDuffie, I spent 6yrs in the USAF and honorably served and held a Top secret clearance as McDuffie. My marriage cert has my last name as McDuffie, as well as my childrens birth certficates also have my name on there and it says McDuffie. I just moved to Fl and cannot get a DL because my birth certificate says something different. I cannot get a job without a DL in the field of law enforcement. Someone please help mayb there is a loophole sone where.
You are going to have to do some hoop jumping to show a chain of events as to when the name changed. School records will be vital.

I'm surprised the military didn't catch this.

Silverplum

This is the legal result of what we term a "back-door adoption."

Your stepfather did not legally adopt you, the supporting paperwork does not exist, and now you are suffering the legal results.

Is your mother still alive? Your stepfather?

Obviously, going back to 2001 is not enough: you'll have to go further back.

I oughta keep this thread for the "Adoption" forum, to show people what happens -- to their children -- when they try to skirt the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">