• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

P.A. Behavior & Accountability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mousebug

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
Is it possible to get advice concerning Georgia HIPPA Laws. I have a situation that needs attention but the right way. I need to get some idea of the legal ramifications or penalties for all involved and what action I should take. It concerns family members requesting/obtaining information from one within the profession of P.A. s in this state and then relating it to another P.A. in the state who is also a relative of patient-who in turn released it to yet another family menber. The information itself could be highly damaging over and above its inaccuracy.The P.A. who is a relative may have requested the info from the P.A. if they knew them personally & then released it to other family member-this information which then or now is not even accurate when it got back to me . So not only was information released about me.. the information was wrong..was released. I highly believe by an office employee to a relative who is also a PA. What are the legal ramafications to the P.A.s involved and is the patient in line for action or compensation. Does it require a lawyer to instigate or cold office contact? Would there be any damages owed due me for release of info by one P.A. to another P.A. Would their jobs be at risk ? How do I proceed ? One source says to simply notify physician, but what verificationproof would I need. ..any written and what if they are not voluntarily forthcoming with necessary (?) written (?) statement ? PLEASE RESPOND TO EMAIL mousebug What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? If this is sent I will need to change the user id or signature mousebug - it may be recognized WHAT DO I NEED TO DO ?

ecmst12

No one is going to email you. You are free to file a complaint with the HIPAA office. That is the extent of what you can do and also the extent of your involvement in the investigation. Generally, the office MAY be fined (unlikely), the office MAY decide to fire the offending employee (or maybe not) if there is any proof of violation, and you will be told none of it. No one is going to jail or being asked to pay any money out of their personal pockets, and you will get nothing out of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">