• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Privacy Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DaGhost

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Everywhere.

Sorry management, Im new here. Couldnt find out where else to post this.

So I have a few questions.
1) Is there any law or legal writing that states I have the right to have my personal information removed from public viewing on the internet? (or on people search engines?)

2) Is disguise illegal?

3) Is it illegal to wear a mask?

4) Is it illegal to lie to anyone? (outside of the common no-no's : fraud, cops, feds, etc.)

5) Is it illegal to have my name changed MULTIPLE times?

Thanks to all ahead of time. Ill have more questions when I think of them.

Thanks again guys.

-GhostWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

DaGhost

Thanks mate. Though, I can only be so specific. Lets start with VA, NC, SC, NY, FL, CA, AZ, and WA.

Proserpina

Thanks mate. Though, I can only be so specific. Lets start with VA, NC, SC, NY, FL, CA, AZ, and WA.

No, let's not.

Nobody here is going to walk you through the laws of 8 States.

Do your own homework. Or hire an attorney. Believe it or not, the information IS out there if you're willing to look for it.

:rolleyes:

DaGhost

Bah! Thats why I didnt want to be too specific.

Very well then. Thanks anyway guys. Just looking for some legal help on staying under the radar.

What if I said I didn't care which state? Just a random one, really. I understand different states have different laws, but I am also aware many states will follow suit once a law is passed. How about something simple then? Like NC? Looking for some general help, not an uber-breakdown on every law from every state.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Bah! Thats why I didnt want to be too specific.

Very well then. Thanks anyway guys. Just looking for some legal help on staying under the radar.

What if I said I didn't care which state? Just a random one, really. I understand different states have different laws, but I am also aware many states will follow suit once a law is passed. How about something simple then? Like NC? Looking for some general help, not an uber-breakdown on every law from every state.
Then look up statute of the state that you are interested in. We're not doing homework or hypotheticals. :cool:

DaGhost

Well... heres what I DID find out.

I can lie, just not fraud anyone or feds. Duh. Check.

Masks are DEFO illegal in MOST states. Check.

Now for the tricky stuff?

What counts as disguise? My point exactly.

Theres no law saying I CANNOT change my name multiple times.... legal???:confused:

and still nothing on a law that states my right to have personal info removed. As far as I have learned, you have to contact the website directly, which might be nice, but their sources of info dont kiss and tell. The info could come from any of a billion data mining companies. And THEY are in it for money... self explanatory? Not really. Grrrrrr.....:mad:

DaGhost

Excuse double post.

It says its illegal (mask) unless you have a doctors order. What if I was scarred or maimed horribly? Or if I valued my privacy and wasent doing anything illegal? Still confuzzled...:confused:

Proserpina

Excuse double post.

It says its illegal (mask) unless you have a doctors order. What if I was scarred or maimed horribly? Or if I valued my privacy and wasent doing anything illegal? Still confuzzled...:confused:

"What" says that?

Do show us, please.

DaGhost

CND: State Codes Related To Wearing Masks

and I quote.... "Each state has its own code relating to masks (though some states may have no such code) and/or disguises. In some, you may be okay wearing a filtration or surgical mask; in others, you may be required to carry a note from your physician stating that you need to wear the mask for health reasons.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">