• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

privacy laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mehrlick

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado
Hello, I have two neighbors who feud with each other, there had been legal action and it simply was dropped when it reach court (by judge). The problem I’m having as well as other neighbors is that now one of them have installed security cameras and it seems the cameras (three of them) are not only covering this person’s yard but our yards as well and there is a central postal box for the neighborhood that sits on the corner of this person’s house which seems to be covered by one of the cameras as well. The occasional meeting with neighbors in the streets has stopped since these cameras have gone in. This sounds like Invasion of Privacy but really don’t know what can be done. Hopefully you can direct me in the right direction.
Don’t really want to take legal action but the person seems to be unapproachable now.
Thank you

swalsh411

It is not generally illegal to tape a public street or people on a public street. Why would all conversation stop? Do you think he is recording audio as well? Do you think he cares one bit what you talk about at the mail box?

Antigone*

Unless the cameras are pointed directly in your window there is no legal recourse for you. There is no expectation of privacy out by the mailbox or in the front yards.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">