• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

requesting discovery fro admin hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bkgamble2001

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

What id the procedure for a motion of discovery in and administrative hearing?

You must file a request to perform such discovery ... and give good cause why.

Then the admin agency will allow or deny it.

You have something similar to FOIA in your state? Use that too...for documents its easiest (sometimes).

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

What id the procedure for a motion of discovery in and administrative hearing?
What KIND of administrative hearing? With what agency and for what purpose? What documents, statements, evidence, or other information are you seeking from that agency?

bkgamble2001

What KIND of administrative hearing? With what agency and for what purpose? What documents, statements, evidence, or other information are you seeking from that agency?
I am a physician out of residency 3 years.. The Medical Board for California is the agency petitionig to revoke my medical license. I have contacted several administrative attorney's regarding this issue. The problem is for them to accept me case they require, $30-40,000 retainer fees. I just dont have it. I am being accussesd of excessive prescription writing, dishonesty false representation, not keeping adequate medical records. I want to request what evidence they charge they have against me. For example, prescriptions with my signature. In their corespondence to me there are statements with no names, statements from addmitted drug addicts, and a women who says she was selling my prescritptions that I gave to here. I AM PARTY TO NONE OF THESE ACCUSSATIONS. I have not been criminally charges with anything.

CdwJava

Here is some information on the process with some mention of applicable state law. It might give you some direction.

http://www.californiamedicallicenselaw.com/ca_medical_license_law/accusations-and-disciplinary-actions/

Unfortunately, this is not a do-it-yourself process. You may well have to come to some sort of contractual arrangement with an attorney or face not only losing your license, but criminal action as well ... assuming they can make some of those allegations stick and choose to proceed criminally against you.

bkgamble2001

Here is some information on the process with some mention of applicable state law. It might give you some direction.

http://www.californiamedicallicenselaw.com/ca_medical_license_law/accusations-and-disciplinary-actions/

Unfortunately, this is not a do-it-yourself process. You may well have to come to some sort of contractual arrangement with an attorney or face not only losing your license, but criminal action as well ... assuming they can make some of those allegations stick and choose to proceed criminally against you.
Thanks for your response. I have an uphill climb.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">