• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Santa Clara River Trustee Council

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rmknox

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? calif
There is an entity clled a Trustee Council - From the standpoint of Administrative Law I am curious how it is categorized.From an internet search I see that there are numerous such entities in California - all assocated with some Federal Law.
example - ARCO has oil spill - via consent decree agrees to give $10 million as a penance - it is given to this Trustee Council to do good things. The trustee council apparently is in fact reps from US FIsh and Wildlife and Calif Dept Fish and Game. I am confused as to what a Trustee council is - apart from being a checkig account somewhere and some folks who get to spend the money in the account. It does not fit my understanding of the definition of an agency. It is neither Federal or State. I have been unable to find whether it has an address or employees but I think it does not. Somewhere it has a pot of money that it doles out. I have not found a reporting system whereby it tells the world what it does or how it spends its cash.
Does someone here understand this subject well enough to give me some pointers to a location that might explain what a Trustee Council is. I have found by experiment that a FOIA to the Ventura Office of the USFWS will get me a copy of a report that was apparenty sponsored by this Trustee Council. Interestingly apparently the cover page was removed and so I can't see the grant or contract number involved.
I've sent an email to the Ventura Office of USFWS to see if they can help me understand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">