• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

section 8 fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luvlylarios

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? califorina
i been on this program about 3 years already i got through family reunification program, well my 2 oldest daughter got pregnant and moved out with their boyfriends and i didn't report this to sec 8 in writing so now i'm being accused of fraud i was told by them that i committed 4 offenses 2 not reporting they have kids of their own and 2 when they moved out and i was told that this will be the :confused::confused: of my actions that i'll be in danger of loosing my apartment, having to pay them back and i could no longer be on the program i'm scare as what will the out come be, because i have 3 smaller children can some one help me please

racer72

Beg, borrow or steal to repay the money you stole from the citizens of your state. With the budget crisis in your state, don't expect any sympathy for anyone.

applecruncher

I would say beg or borrow the money to pay back and get this straightened out (more stealing will get you in more trouble). You created this problem; you need to take responsibility instead of whining about how scared you are now that you got caught. The other member was correct that you get no sympathy. Furthermore, people like you make it harder for legitimate Sec 8 clients. Your family drama is not the fault or responsibility of the taxpayers.

indian216

No Money

Obviously she is in sec 8 because she doesnt have the financial means. However, I believe if you havent already done so explain your situation clearly, what your intentions are. Apologize for the miscommunication intentional or unintential. Once again state your situation and inform them of your state of financial circumstance.. Speaking to clerks and secretaries is usally not good in this circumstance, climb up the ladder if you want some answers and you want to reinstate your position. OR at least in this point them giving you ample enough time to get your stuff together to find a place. Stealing is not good, working out a repayment plan is a good idea. Once you get your finance in order. I dont know if you work or not and I dont know how old your kids are but perhaps your daughters the ones that left can help you babysit while you work to reinstate the damage you did. or perhaps they are old enough to stay on their own.. their is always a solution you just have to make phone calls and ask questions. Dont freeze...

Proserpina

Obviously she is in sec 8 because she doesnt have the financial means. However, I believe if you havent already done so explain your situation clearly, what your intentions are. Apologize for the miscommunication intentional or unintential. Once again state your situation and inform them of your state of financial circumstance.. Speaking to clerks and secretaries is usally not good in this circumstance, climb up the ladder if you want some answers and you want to reinstate your position. OR at least in this point them giving you ample enough time to get your stuff together to find a place. Stealing is not good, working out a repayment plan is a good idea. Once you get your finance in order. I dont know if you work or not and I dont know how old your kids are but perhaps your daughters the ones that left can help you babysit while you work to reinstate the damage you did. or perhaps they are old enough to stay on their own.. their is always a solution you just have to make phone calls and ask questions. Dont freeze...
OP will be given appropriate notice if eviction is going to happen. The problem is OP qualified for Section 8 by agreeing to certain conditions - and at least one of those conditions was not met. With so many people needing Section 8 I'm doubtful there will be any sympathy for OP at all.

(somewhat unrelated but...OP, is the father of the younger children paying child support?)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">