• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Security Clearance Revoked: Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CalvinK

Ladies/Gents,:confused:

Recently lost clearance on appeal. Held Critical Non-Senative for 6 years. Lost clearance due to (1) DUI conviction and 2 dissmissed (Dismissed due to health and was not under the influence) I loss based on judgement issue vice Alcohol. I suffer medical conditions and still lost in court. Reliability and trust was not the issue on the "Whole Person concept". I tried very hard to keep, medical expert, outstanding referals, clean med eval for the DUI issue and currently not on parole. Though provided best avail, lost clearance and outstanding logistics job

I understand I can re-apply (Via govt contractor etc) if interviewed and accepted for position within a year per regs. My question is that what is the chance of even getting a public trust or interim via a govt agency if met all requirements, rehabilitation etc as required for mitigation of previous issues.

Also, I have voluntary provided the information to my Sec Off and been honest and forthright. I am retired navy with a flawless career, just concerned if I can even get a interim (More concerned for the interim since last postition I still will qualify for that more than a contract postition and want to go back to DOD since well experienced) or even able to get a forklift (example) position with a puplic trust (Most require at least for that type of position)

In the mean time, I am to go back to school, maintain clean record, attend any rehabilitation (Though not needed, assesed non dependant and not addicted to any substance). I will continue as stated to get my degree and possibly a basic job to survive in the mean time. Just wondering the real possiblity if a year or more passes. I believe currently

I am so concerned as being accepted in time for a contractor and more important a interim. I afraid I will not get the interim for sure and should start at the bottom and work up possibly if need.

Severly concerned, I thank you all for your support in answering when avail

Thanks,
CalvinK (Virginia)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">