• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State agency disregarging law and previous state supreme court rulings.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kjmc001

What is the name of your state? Arkansas
A state regulatory board is blatently disregarding law and previous state supreme count rulings. This practice has become detremental to my business and I have lost contracts. I have been told to "play ball" because it would be to expensive to take the case to court and due to "state sovereignty" there will be way to recoup cost or losses. Who or what agency can help me? I find it hard to believe that state agencies can simply interprete the law and apply them with no one regulating their discretion.

Last edited:

quincy

In spite of your "edit for clarification", your post is not real clear.

If the state regulatory board you are dealing with is violating state law, you can bring suit against them. It really depends on which state agency you are dealing with here as to who you can seek assistance from. If it is a state environmental regulatory board, for instance, and this board is violating state or federal environmental laws through their policies or by ignoring state environmental law abuses, and as a result of this your business is suffering, you can sue. You could seek legal advice and assistance and support, in this example, from a state chapter of an environmental group (such as Sierra Club or Clean Water Action groups or whatever) and an attorney specializing in environmental law.

If you want to be more specific or clarify your problem a bit more, there may be more specific advice available.

GaAtty

State agency disregarding law

This is what attorneys do. Find one that deals with the kind of problem you are having.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">