• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing the Army National Guard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trfowler13

My question to you is, that I have been in the army national guard for 5 years. I was told that i would receive training and promotion to E-5. Here it is 5 years later and I have not been promoted and I only went to half of a school. Everytime I go to drill I usually help out here and there. I fond it kind of hard not to be able to work in a specific field when I can't even get a school. Also they knew that I was to receive a bonus when I reenlisted so I can finish out my 20 years and retire, but since they have not sent me to finish the school I signed a extension and was told that everything was being takien care of and not to woory about anything. Now here it is a month before my extension is up and I have not been to school. Can I sue the government for breach of contract due to the fact the I have not been promoted and receive any type of schooling? :mad:

Some Random Guy

forgetting about promotions and schooling is the military's way of saying they want you to quit without the hassle of a performance review.

You cannot sue the government unless they give you permission to sue them.

dallas702

Some Random Guy said:
forgetting about promotions and schooling is the military's way of saying they want you to quit without the hassle of a performance review.

Correct. Apparently, they don't think they are getting their money's worth. Perhaps you need to sit down with your CO and find out why.

Cessna

Some Random Guy said:

Does this just apply to military people, or civilians too? I'm getting ready to file a suit in Court of Federal Claims against the military, but I know what the reply is going to be.... "failure to state a claim for which relief can be granted.. blah blah",

"The king can do no wrong" How do you get past that when it seems that even though their people are committing crimes, you can't really sue because the government isn't a person. They always seem to be able to dismiss cases against them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">