• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing a texas reginal jail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Symtex

I live in texas and receintly got out of jail the first of this month after being in for 8 dats over an old ticket that never posted as time served, but thats not my problem although wish I could find the paper saying I served already. My prblem it on the 31st a pimple popped while in the jail by the time I got out it was clearly infected I was able to see the doctor on the 2nd and was confirmed as staph infection. The thing is I was under the impresion you cant sue jails for staph in texas but several days later still with the infection and going in and out of the er for treatment and draining my ssi fund to almost nothing paying for hospital and medications as well as complications im asked by a nurse for the 4th time how did I get it told her my story and the conditions of the jail as well as 8days in only was aloud 2 shower, she proceded to tell me I might have a lawsuit but she cant be sure cause shes not a lawyer or attorny, well it took me a few days to find the jail requirment state wide information, and researching it myself the jail I was detained in didnt fallow many procedures the way they were supposed to mainly sanitation of living quarters as well as personal hygine wasnt on par for instance texas jails are required to let inmates staying more than 48hours take a shower and recieve a shower at least every other day among many other regulations they didnt fallow. My question is what kind of lawyer/attorney will I need to open a case not only to charge the owner/operators with neglect and wrongfull doing and sue for damages for the same reasons? Any helpful guidance is difinatly needed I dont know where to start how to go about this or how to prove my case and the few lawyers ive talked to keep shuffeling me around telling me they cant help me but will transfer me to someone else just to hear the same thing again im at a dead end. Im out of money for the month out of antibiotics and still have this infection... Please help.

Last edited:

Hot Topic

Sure you can sue. Just find a dumb and greedy attorney who will charge you thousands of dollars to take the case (the attorneys you've contacted are being kind). You'll lose the case and your money.

Last edited:

Symtex

Useless answears like that help no one i know cases like this hardly win but I do have a strong case and looking for resent inmates that can testify to the conditions I know that will help. Just not sure where or what kind of lawyer I will need my choice is pro boneo 2hough I cant afford ome thats going to charge off the bat need one that dont get paid till I do im not looking for much just my hospital bills and meds to be paid/compt about 1500in the hole now and on fixed income I cant recover from it... If only the darn goverment would give me medicaid I would have been fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">