• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jkeel1975

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN Hello, I have been receiving unemloyment compensation for the last year and a half. I have been actively looking for work and have a couple potential jobs lined up now. My Ex boss ( the man who fired me) called and offered me a job yesterday for exactly half the hourly wage I previously made with him. My question is will I lose my benefits if I refuse this job. He appealed my case twice trying to keep from paying my benifits and also refused to fill out an Aflac form a few months ago therefore keeping me from getting money for a claim that I had while working for him. I feel if i take the job it will be a hostile work environment. One more thing, He also was bragging about this to one of his workers last night and said he was gonna send me a certified letter today. I cannot tell or he will fire this friend of mine. Thank you for any imput you can give on the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">