• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment insurance benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

berdonj

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii
My question, do I have the right to appeal as a Substitute Teacher to not have benefits through the Summer School year? The Unemployment Office is telling me that we do not have Summer School, therefore I will not receive any benefits during the Summer. I do know for a fact that the school that I substitute for has Summer School every year and I am on the Substitute list to work there.

I have a very hard time understanding this with the Unemployment office when they tell me in the past 2009 to 2010 that I had to owe them back funds that they paid out to me for that Summer, because there is no Summer School. I have a SF-5A1 form (Applicable To Certificated Personnel) that states from when I can start work for then physical School year to the end of the school year. It goes through the Summer School. Do I have the right to appeal?:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">