• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what countries are non extradition to the U.S.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HappyHusband

gaygay49 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois
Antarctica, Andorra, Angola, Bantu Homelands, Bhutan, Bosnia, Cambodia, Ciskei, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Libya, Maldives, Serbia, Somalia, Taiwan, Transkei, Vanuatu, and Vietnam

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Good luck with Air Libya.

Can't say too many of those places sound like a fun place to run to.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Tell you what, about a year from now, if you're still alive, come back and tell us how things are going.

razorblade78

Actually there are a LOT more Countries than Listed Above!

Actually according to Wikipedia, and the government's websites, there are a lot more non-extradition countries than the above poster listed.

According to Wikipedia, the United States maintains diplomatic relations, but does not have extradition treaties with the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China (People's Republic of China), Union of the Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d' Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Jordan, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Madagascar, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Oman, Qatar, Russian Federation, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia and Monte*****, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Western Samoa, Yemen, and Zimbabwe.

[edit] Countries without treaties or diplomatic relations
The countries which have neither diplomatic relations nor extradition treaties with the U.S. are: Bhutan, Iran, North Korea, and Taiwan (which the United States does not consider a country under the One-China policy).

I am in Michigan and though I have not done anything requiring me to flee to a country with no US extradition, I don't think that ALL of the countries on the list would necessarily be bad places to flee to and live in - even if its on the run from the US government.

I mean yes, a lot of those countries (like Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan, and others) aren't places most people would want to live, but there are some places which are probably pretty decent now (like Andorra, Russian Federation, Western Samoa, and Moldova) and others (like Micronesia, Bahrain, Vanuatu, and Kuwait) which are even better than the US and a PARADISE compared to the cesspool of this country!

So don't be so quick to label all the countries left on the non-US extradition list as godforsaken, backwards primitive places - because they aren't. Most may be, but there are many others that aren't!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">