• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What recourse do I have if my mail carrier/post office is returning all my mail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abouttogopostal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My mail carrier has been returning my mail for nearly a month now. I first discovered packages not being delivered, then my first class mail started disappearing. I have visited the post office multiple times, called them, asked to have my mail held, requested redelivery, and even contacted USPS.com regarding my mail on a few occasions, but this is still happening. I have asked USPS.com to investigate my mail carrier/post office regarding the matter but haven't heard back from them yet.

This started last month after my son (who doesn't even live in this county) apparently said something that offended my carrier. I was unaware of their dispute at the time, but it apparently happened a couple of days prior to a dozen or so packages being returned and my mail being returned to senders. I had nothing to do with anything that happened between the two of them, but it is obvious that am being singled out for revenge by my carrier who first claimed that my mailbox was inaccessible due to snow even though it was in no worse condition than any other mailbox on my road. Since that time it has been cleared out more than once, yet my mail is still being returned. She has began putting my junk mail in the box now, but has returned most, if not all first class mail to senders. One friend sent me a picture of her returned letter with a sticker saying that I had moved and left no forwarding address.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Your question is not a legal one.

If you have a problem with your mail then you need to contact your local Postmaster and make a complaint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">