• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Airbag injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrw852

Texas

Eye was injured when my 1993 Toyota corolla airbag deployed after I was hit on right front side by a driver who ran a four way stop sign back in May of last year. Has since lost perifial vision in right eye and have hole in back that requires surgery. Can I file a negligence claim against Toyota?

Just Blue

Texas

Eye was injured when my 1993 Toyota corolla airbag deployed after I was hit on right front side by a driver who ran a four way stop sign back in May of last year. Has since lost perifial vision in right eye and have hole in back that requires surgery. Can I file a negligence claim against Toyota?
Perhaps, maybe and or depends. Consult with a GOOD Attorney in your area for a consult.

I say this as it is "possible" that there was some type of recall regarding airbags.

OHRoadwarrior

The only recall for that vehicle was related to liquid spilling on the console and damaging the trigger sensor and activating the airbag light. It appears OP is simply a victim of collateral damage by the gov't mandate to install them. Being a victim of another gov't regulation, I can sympathize. Nothing like the gov't mandating self wrecking trucks, then issuing statements they need harder enforcement because semi truck accidents are increasing.

racer72

How exactly is Toyota negligent? Did they cause the guy to run the stop sign? Or is this another case of someone playing the deep pockets lottery?

Matrafajlo

Airbag Injury

I think You should have to send your Airbag Injuries claim to a Lawyer who will review your claim at NO COST.

quincy

Texas

I recommend you consult with a products liability attorney in your area for a review of all facts of your injury and your accident. That is the best way to determine if you have a legitimate claim against Toyota over the deployment of the airbag in your vehicle.

Good luck.

edwardgersowitz

Texas

You should hire a lawyer who has the necessary knowledge and experience to successfully handle your case and get you the just compensation that you deserve. Most of the personal injury lawyers offer free consultation and they will tell whether you have a case or not. If you have the case, then they can tell you the amount of compensation you can expect from your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">