• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I resposible for dislocating this girls shoulder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ncrub

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nevada

On Oct.29th a bunch of friends, family, and I went to a Halloween

party held at rented private special events venue. We all had been

drinking and unfortunaletly I fell I few times that night. I

originally assumed it was because I was drinking but when I fell out

of bed the next morning I realized it was do to a bruising and

weakness under my foot from a previous bunion surgery I had had,

Apparently the heels I was wearing were to high and my foot couldn't

handle it, were I originally thought it was just normal pain from

wearing heels.

7 days later I get a call from my cousin that his girlfriend wants to

sue me because apparently when I fell I pulled her arm from her socket

and she now needs surgery. After my fall she never claimed once that

she was in any kind of pain at all. we spent several hours more at

the party dancing all night and I have pictures of her dancing and

even holding herself up on all fours! After the party we went to go

eat and she drove and again never 1 complaint about her shoulder at

all. I did not recieve a call the next day up until 7 days later! If

I dislocated her arm wouldnt she have known it right away? how am I to

believe that something else didnt happen in those 7 days. So my

question is does she have a case? I do not own anything besides an 11

yr old car, I am a self employed hairstylist and am barely making ends

meet. What would be my reprocusions if she does have a case, and or

does she have a case?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ecmst12

It sounds like you acknowledge falling and grabbibg her arm. Her injuries might not have been immediately apparent. She is probably barely making ends meet as well and she is not the one who got drunk and wore shoes she couldn't walk in. Work something out with her.

OHRoadwarrior

If she was drunk enough not to know her shoulder was dislocated, she was drunk enough to not know what caused it. I would politely tell her that her story does not make sense logically and you will sit on the sideline, until she sues you and lets a judge make the call.

LdiJ

If she was drunk enough not to know her shoulder was dislocated, she was drunk enough to not know what caused it. I would politely tell her that her story does not make sense logically and you will sit on the sideline, until she sues you and lets a judge make the call.
I don't see how even a drunk person wouldn't know that they had a dislocated shoulder...or could have driven a car with a dislocated shoulder either.

swalsh411

I would tell her that if she lets the matter go then you won't report the drinking and driving to her parents.

ncrub

It sounds like you acknowledge falling and grabbibg her arm. Her injuries might not have been immediately apparent. She is probably barely making ends meet as well and she is not the one who got drunk and wore shoes she couldn't walk in. Work something out with her.
Too be honest I don't think I even grabbed her arm, I understand that maybe she might not of realized her injuries right away but I have pictures of her throughout the rest of the night with her arms in the air dancing and pictures of her on all fours (arms and legs both holder her up). we were all kinda nutty that night. I probably would have tried to work something out with her if she immediately said something but I didnt recieve a call about this until 7 days later, and immediately she said sue not hey can u help me with my doctors bills. People are sue crazy now and how do I even know this was something I did and

ecmst12

Perhaps she didn't contact you until after she'd been to the doctor and found out that she needs a very expensive surgery. Do you have homeowners or renters insurance?

ncrub

How long after the party did she wait to seek medical attention?
Im not sure but I didnt find out until 7 days later, I would think I would have gotten a call the next day!I also have pics of her from later on in the night dancing with her arms up and on all fours (on her hands and knees) Im not sure if I even grabbed her arm. The place was very dark and had those little 2 inch steps all over.

xylene

I would tell her that if she lets the matter go then you won't report the drinking and driving to her parents.
1) Blackmail is a great way to settle a lawsuit

2) How do you know these people's ages? I don't know that many people who are very young having bunion surgery....

ncrub

Not sure how drunk she was, but I agree with you it took her 7 days to even notify me of this! how do I know something else didnt happen to her in that amount of time!

ncrub

I don't see how even a drunk person wouldn't know that they had a dislocated shoulder...or could have driven a car with a dislocated shoulder either.
Thats what I though and I read about dislocated shoulders and every person said they immediately knew something was wrong. Not to mention she drove us all first to have breakfast and then home and never once complained.

ncrub

She is 34 yrs. old and im 35 I dont think her parents would care. This was the first time I met this girl, how do know shes not sue crazy or didnt get hurt in those 7 days after the fact

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">