• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amusement park injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teddybear2005

What is the name of your state? California

I was on a ride at an amusement park in So. Cal when the ride derailed and crashed into some rocks. As a result a lantern fell off of the ride and came crashing down on my head. I was taken to the hospital via ambulance where I received 5 stitches and suffered a mild concussion. I went to my family doctor to have the stitches removed and was told that I am now suffering from post concussion syndrome and that the symptoms should subside in apporoximately 6 weeks. That's 6 weeks of continuous headaches, dizziness, difficulty concentrating. The park has agreed to pay my medical bills. Do I still have a right to sue them for pain and suffering.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

teddybear2005 said:
What is the name of your state? California

I was on a ride at an amusement park in So. Cal when the ride derailed and crashed into some rocks. As a result a lantern fell off of the ride and came crashing down on my head. I was taken to the hospital via ambulance where I received 5 stitches and suffered a mild concussion. I went to my family doctor to have the stitches removed and was told that I am now suffering from post concussion syndrome and that the symptoms should subside in apporoximately 6 weeks. That's 6 weeks of continuous headaches, dizziness, difficulty concentrating. The park has agreed to pay my medical bills. Do I still have a right to sue them for pain and suffering.

My response:

Yes. However, if they present you with a check along with a Release of All Claims form to sign, then you won't.

IAAL

teddybear2005

Actually they haven't presented me with anything yet. I haven't received anything from the hospital or ambulance company yet. We haven't signed anything yet. A lady from guest relations came to the hospital while i was in the er and talked to my husband and told him they would take care of the medical bills.

rmet4nzkx

teddybear2005 said:
Actually they haven't presented me with anything yet. I haven't received anything from the hospital or ambulance company yet. We haven't signed anything yet. A lady from guest relations came to the hospital while i was in the er and talked to my husband and told him they would take care of the medical bills.
Can you answer the question, when and where did this happen?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">