• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

amusement park injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Punn1048

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa
My 12 year old son was injured while riding a rollercoaster. The coaster (which is known for its twists and turns and sudden stops) came to an abrupt stop at the end of the ride and he hit his face off the front part and then the back of the car seat. After being examined by the park first aid i took him to the emergency room for xrays. (they thought he broke his nose) It was determined he had whiplash and a concussion. Er copay was 100. ? is can the park be held responsible to pay copay.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa
My 12 year old son was injured while riding a rollercoaster. The coaster (which is known for its twists and turns and sudden stops) came to an abrupt stop at the end of the ride and he hit his face off the front part and then the back of the car seat. After being examined by the park first aid i took him to the emergency room for xrays. (they thought he broke his nose) It was determined he had whiplash and a concussion. Er copay was 100. ? is can the park be held responsible to pay copay.
So, you allowed your son to assume the risk and ride the coaster? But you KNEW about the sudden stops...

ecmst12

Did the ride malfunction in any way? Was he properly secured in his seat? Was he big enough to be riding that particular coaster?

Ozark_Sophist

Bought all city all parks pass to Branson this year. I was shocked at the number of parents and kids doing whatever it takes to ride from cans of hairspray to stuffing shoes or gluing extra soles to shoes. Finally being tall enough to ride the big coaster is a right of passage. Stupid parents (not referring to OP unless OP allowed tricks to boost height).

Talk to the park about copay, extra passes for family.

Punn1048

This is a park to which we have a season pass. My son is tall/old enough to ride this ride and had done so several times before. He was sitting correctly and was properly restrained. This ride is not a big rollercoaster by any means the only requirement is you must be over 48 inches tall to ride. It is a ride that is known more for its twist, turns, short sudden drops and jerkyness rather as a thrill coaster. The ride is supposed to come to 3 short abrupt stops at the end of the ride. During this ride though it came to one very sudden premature stop (when he was injured) and a then second stop. I do assume the responsiblity of allowing him to ride the ride but i also assumed that the ride would work correctly and safely.

ecmst12

If there is evidence that the ride malfunctioned, you might be able to get the park to pay for his medical bills.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">