• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asbestos Exposure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Batgirl

I presently work for a cleaning company who has a contract with a local college. In the summer of 2014 the school was undergoing renovations and I was sent in to clean by the college with no notification to my employer that asbestos was being removed. Whilst I was walking up and down the halls the asbestos tiles were being removed by a gentleman on a small piece of machinery busting up the tiles. He was suites up with a respratory mask and I was handed a paper mask. Without the knowledge of the severity of what was going on I entered the building. I found the inspection report with regards to these tiles they removed. The report indicates there was asbestos in the tile. Although I haven't been diagnosed with any related illnesses I am a high risk candidate due to family history. Any legal advice would be greatly appreciated.

quincy

I presently work for a cleaning company who has a contract with a local college. In the summer of 2014 the school was undergoing renovations and I was sent in to clean by the college with no notification to my employer that asbestos was being removed. Whilst I was walking up and down the halls the asbestos tiles were being removed by a gentleman on a small piece of machinery busting up the tiles. He was suites up with a respratory mask and I was handed a paper mask. Without the knowledge of the severity of what was going on I entered the building. I found the inspection report with regards to these tiles they removed. The report indicates there was asbestos in the tile. Although I haven't been diagnosed with any related illnesses I am a high risk candidate due to family history. Any legal advice would be greatly appreciated.
In what state are you, or were you, located in the summer of 2014 when you were sent into the school that was undergoing asbestos removal?

Have you seen a doctor and did you ask this doctor about your increased risk of health problems due to your limited exposure?

OHRoadwarrior

The odds of you experiencing anything are about next to none and slim just left town. Older generations were routinely exposed to asbestos in small doses throughout their lives and as the CDC determined, suffered no ill effects.
http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/asbestos/asbestos/health_effects/

Dandy Don

Did you mean to say "suited up" instead of "suites up"? Probably just a typo.

Are you treating now with a physician in regards to respiratory or other problems?

Were there other co-workers on this assignment who have complained about the asbestos affecting their health?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">