• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault at the strip club

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yerallo

On 01/15/2017 I was over at the strip club for my birthday with my buddies to celebrate my birthday.
I got a lap dance in the VIP which turned from $20 to $80 out of nowhere. The dancer (which I personally know) told me to pay the bartender (NOT the bouncer); however, the bouncer tried to coere me to pay more money than I was aware of... I did NOT agree with the charges and the bouncer started beating the sh!t out of me because I did NOT pay. I admit that I had been drinking (obviously) but NEVER touched the bouncer or did ANYTHING even remotely close to physical contact, I was simply sitting on the booth. He beat the sh!t out of me because according to him I owed the strip club $80. I have pictures of the battery (again no battery on my end whatsoever) that was done to me. I tried calling the police because not only did he punch me, he choked/suffocated me for no reason and would NOT let me leave the strip club premises whatsoever. I finally talked to the police on the phone for about 20 seconds, after I finally got my phone back after he hit me four to five times in the face. I ended up hanging the phone because I realized that the police might NOT believe me/might tell me to talk to them when I am sober and did NOT want to cause more trouble. Finally, one of the dancers/bouncers decided to call one of my buddies to the VIP section to talk to bouncer. My buddy talked to the bouncer in the VIP that assaulted me and NEVER heard the dancer/bouncer say anything about me touching the bouncer, instead the bouncer told him that he said he hit me... In the end I decided to walk to the ATM and give the strip club the last $40 that I supposedly owed them (because I already paid them $40) and left without the intend of EVER coming back.

My question her is this,

Suppose that the bouncer is right about me owing the strip club $80, can he beat the sh!t out of me to get the money?
Can the strip club employees force me to stay until my supposed bill is paid?
Can I press charges/should I? I so what should I do?
What would YOU do in a situation like this?

This happened in Wisconsin, United States.

CdwJava

Suppose that the bouncer is right about me owing the strip club $80, can he beat the sh!t out of me to get the money?
No. Not legally, anyway.

Can the strip club employees force me to stay until my supposed bill is paid?
Probably ... if there is a law that considers failure to pay one's tab to be a crime in WI and they are holding you for the police, they can probably use reasonable force to detain you for the cops.

Can I press charges/should I? I so what should I do?
What would YOU do in a situation like this?
That is entirely up to you. Did you get the bouncer's name? Can you identify him again? Do you have any visible injuries?

You can call the police and report it, but it will be up to the prosecutor whether to pursue criminal charges or not. The bouncer and any other staffer that was present may have a different version of events, so it may be that there would be no clear case to pursue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">