• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assaulted by bartender

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deviousdevhead

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I was in a bar and assaulted by and off duty bartender who was seen drinking behind the bar all night. As I was assaulted the bouncer held everyone back while I was slammed on my head. I was knocked out with blood bleeding out of my ear and I was not breathing. A passing by EMT revived my breathing and I was airlifted to a hospital 40 miles away where I woke up 3 hours later. After 2 days in the trauma center and they reduced the brain swelling I had a skull fracture through my temple into my ear where I lost half the hearing in my ear. I got a lawyer to persue this and he found out the bar had no insurance and dropped my case. HELP!!! What can I do from here? I lost 2 weeks work and am left with permanant injury...What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I was in a bar and assaulted by and off duty bartender who was seen drinking behind the bar all night. As I was assaulted the bouncer held everyone back while I was slammed on my head. I was knocked out with blood bleeding out of my ear and I was not breathing. A passing by EMT revived my breathing and I was airlifted to a hospital 40 miles away where I woke up 3 hours later. After 2 days in the trauma center and they reduced the brain swelling I had a skull fracture through my temple into my ear where I lost half the hearing in my ear. I got a lawyer to persue this and he found out the bar had no insurance and dropped my case. HELP!!! What can I do from here? I lost 2 weeks work and am left with permanant injury...What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: find another attorney to sue the bar owners individually.

deviousdevhead

No Money

I dont have the money to put a lawyer on retainer. Another question I have is a bar required to have liability insurance? Im sure they have to have Liqour Liability insurance but im really not too familliar with any of this.

ecmst12

Sounds like you're SOL if you can't find one who will take your case on contingency. The bar, it seems to me, will have more collectable assets then the average person, so you are more likely to collect even from an uninsured business then an uninsured individual.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">