• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attacked by family at their house!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JWBakerIV

Denver, CO - I took my Girlfriend to a BBQ at my cousins house for the first time since we moved here. There was a lot of family at the party but as it got later there were fewer and fewer of us. It turned into a game of beer pong between My GF Steffanie, Jason (My cousin). Jason's wife Alexa was on the side lines and so was my other cousin Nikki and Jason&Nikki's mother my aunt Kola. So Jason and Alexa are getting riled up because they want the beer cups full for a total of 100oz of beer per side. there was a lot of **** talking about it because Steffanie didn't want to drink that much beer after already drinking all night. Eventually I see Alexa starting to change. She is standing up and being very aggressive in her body language. At one point Kola tells her to sit down. Then out of no where her eyes dilate and she gets this amazing sinister, evil smile that I will never forget. She takes her arm and swipes all 7 beer cups into Steffanie and Steff steps back and holds her arms out and says "Wow, Really? Are you really going here?". Then Alexa grabs another beer cup and slowly pours it on her (with the same evil smile glued to her face), as if to say "Yes, I am going here". Then Alexa demanded for her to leave and without hesitation she grabs steffanie and wrestles her by the hair to the ground. From there I break it up and then we end up being chased into the street by Jason and Alexa and then nikki comes and tackles her from behind as I'm trying to get us out of there. Kola is frantically trying to control her children who are un responsive. Steff ends up with a broken arm.

We are waiting to see if charges will stick down at the DA's office (there is a dispute among sides and witnesses as to who attacked who after the beer). My question is, Since Jason and Alexa are the homeowners, Are they responsible for things such as, out of control parties with excessive drinking, fights, brawls, that sort of thing? I would call it negligent behaviour that resulted in an injury. That's even if they weren't involved. Here they were at least proved to be involved and in the eyes of a lot She caused the whole thing. If it comes down to he said she said, Who is on higher ground here?

Thoughts, feedback is greatly appreciated!

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Denver, CO - I took my Girlfriend to a BBQ at my cousins house for the first time since we moved here. There was a lot of family at the party but as it got later there were fewer and fewer of us. It turned into a game of beer pong between My GF Steffanie, Jason (My cousin). Jason's wife Alexa was on the side lines and so was my other cousin Nikki and Jason&Nikki's mother my aunt Kola. So Jason and Alexa are getting riled up because they want the beer cups full for a total of 100oz of beer per side. there was a lot of **** talking about it because Steffanie didn't want to drink that much beer after already drinking all night. Eventually I see Alexa starting to change. She is standing up and being very aggressive in her body language. At one point Kola tells her to sit down. Then out of no where her eyes dilate and she gets this amazing sinister, evil smile that I will never forget. She takes her arm and swipes all 7 beer cups into Steffanie and Steff steps back and holds her arms out and says "Wow, Really? Are you really going here?". Then Alexa grabs another beer cup and slowly pours it on her (with the same evil smile glued to her face), as if to say "Yes, I am going here". Then Alexa demanded for her to leave and without hesitation she grabs steffanie and wrestles her by the hair to the ground. From there I break it up and then we end up being chased into the street by Jason and Alexa and then nikki comes and tackles her from behind as I'm trying to get us out of there. Kola is frantically trying to control her children who are un responsive. Steff ends up with a broken arm.

We are waiting to see if charges will stick down at the DA's office (there is a dispute among sides and witnesses as to who attacked who after the beer). My question is, Since Jason and Alexa are the homeowners, Are they responsible for things such as, out of control parties with excessive drinking, fights, brawls, that sort of thing? I would call it negligent behaviour that resulted in an injury. That's even if they weren't involved. Here they were at least proved to be involved and in the eyes of a lot She caused the whole thing. If it comes down to he said she said, Who is on higher ground here?

Thoughts, feedback is greatly appreciated!
None of you are on "higher" ground. :cool:

JWBakerIV

It could have been anyone, though It probably happened while Alexa had her full body on top of her while Jason was on her legs. She was thrown to the ground numerous times.

justalayman

Because these things happened on their property....
so? what difference does it make? There must be an underlying reason you want an answer to that question. What is it?

JWBakerIV

Originally Posted by TheGeekess
None of you are on "higher" ground.
I was not looking for smart asses.

did you forget you asked this:

If it comes down to he said she said, Who is on higher ground here?
Geekess simply answered a question you specifically asked.

LdiJ

You are responsible for your own criminal behavior.
What criminal behavior? Drinking too much? If they are adults, that is not criminal. From what I can see here there was one person attacked and injured. This is after all a legal forum. While engaging in drinking games is stupid, its not criminal.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What criminal behavior? Drinking too much? If they are adults, that is not criminal. From what I can see here there was one person attacked and injured. This is after all a legal forum. While engaging in drinking games is stupid, its not criminal.

Ask the OP:
We are waiting to see if charges will stick down at the DA's office (there is a dispute among sides and witnesses as to who attacked who after the beer).

LdiJ

Ask the OP:
Duh...of course there is going to be a discrepancy in what the witnesses say. All of his cousins are going to say that his girlfriend started it, whether she did or not. The aunt is probably going to side with her child, even if she was the agressor...and it sure sounds to me like she was.

However, even a falling down drunk who is a guest in someone's home doesn't deserve to be attacked that way.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Duh...of course there is going to be a discrepancy in what the witnesses say. All of his cousins are going to say that his girlfriend started it, whether she did or not. The aunt is probably going to side with her child, even if she was the agressor...and it sure sounds to me like she was.

However, even a falling down drunk who is a guest in someone's home doesn't deserve to be attacked that way.
I interpreted it to mean that EVERYBODY got in trouble for something - that frequently happens in a melee with a bunch of drunk folks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">