• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attacked by a Pit Bull. Injured and my dog died.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lawisblind

Thank you very much. Once again, very helpful. I have been trying to find out where the male defendant works. This seems prudent in the event that they move and I can't track them down. I found a picture on social media of him wearing a military uniform. A military friend told me it looks like an Army Corporal or E4 uniform, and that he could be an NCO or CO.

If he really is/was in the Army and saw combat duty, I'm considering dropping the case. I never served our country in that way. I have respect for those who do, and in many cases they have been through much more traumatic events than this was for me. He has been unpleasant in his dealings with me, but I will still consider going this route.

I do make a distinction between those who were deployed and those who weren't, however. If he was never deployed, I am considering contacting his commanding officer for help with this. My military friend floated this as a possibility.

Any thoughts on this?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If he was never deployed, I am considering contacting his commanding officer for help with this. My military friend floated this as a possibility.

Any thoughts on this?
I think it's pretty low to try to rat him out to his employer, particularly when no actual liability has been determined.

quincy

Thank you very much. Once again, very helpful. I have been trying to find out where the male defendant works. This seems prudent in the event that they move and I can't track them down. I found a picture on social media of him wearing a military uniform. A military friend told me it looks like an Army Corporal or E4 uniform, and that he could be an NCO or CO.

If he really is/was in the Army and saw combat duty, I'm considering dropping the case. I never served our country in that way. I have respect for those who do, and in many cases they have been through much more traumatic events than this was for me. He has been unpleasant in his dealings with me, but I will still consider going this route.

I do make a distinction between those who were deployed and those who weren't, however. If he was never deployed, I am considering contacting his commanding officer for help with this. My military friend floated this as a possibility.

Any thoughts on this?
My thoughts are that, if your injuries are not severe enough that you would consider dropping a legal action based solely on who the person is who owns the dog that attacked you, you should probably not be pursuing a legal action against anyone at all.

Either demand money or not, sue or not, see an attorney or not. But you should be basing your actions on your medical needs and what you feel you deserve in the way of compensation for these expenses and to cover the costs of your dog's veterinarian expenses.

I agree with Zigner, too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">