• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney Falsifying Proof of Service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I am in pre-trial phase of my case and am representing myself because I can't afford an attorney. Opposing counsel is less than ethical to say it nicely. She has filled out 4 false proofs of services saying that she mailed me documents I have never received. I have requested her to send everything by certified mail, ups or fed ex. She has not, and continues to claim she's mailed me things I never received. She has even claimed she went to my house to serve me and saw someone looking out the window, which is untrue.

I served discovery on the attorney, she never responded. I followed all the proper steps and got no response so I filed a motion to compel. Now, 3 weeks later, the attorney is claiming she already mailed me the responses and that I'm ridiculous. She slapped together some objections and back dated them to more than a month ago. This is her classic tactic. She will try to get me to drop the motion saying I will have to pay attorneys fees and sanctions if I lose, I have no grounds for a motion to compel because she already sent responses, and that the motion is harassment of her client.

It's a long and complicated case so my question is, what can be done? I was not served, and since she did not respond she doesn't get to object. I am asking for admissions deemed admitted, and sanctions for discovery abuse. This attorney has no problem lying. What can I do? Bring it to the judge? How? Will they believe her over me since she is an attorney? Can I bring it to the State Bar?

TigerD

Can't help you. You need to either hire an attorney, hit the library and study, or lose.

DC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">