• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken tooth at golf course in NV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oomarcioo

What is the name of your state? Florida
While golfing in Las Vegas, I purchased a snickers bar from a vendor and bit into it like I would any candy bar. The bar was frozen solid and broke my front tooth right in half. It was very painful and very embarrassing becuase I was with my boss and others and we werent leaving for 2 more days to go home. I had to pay the dentist out of pocket. Would the golf course be liable at all for not telling me they were frozen?
thanks,
Tony

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state? Florida
While golfing in Las Vegas, I purchased a snickers bar from a vendor and bit into it like I would any candy bar. The bar was frozen solid and broke my front tooth right in half. It was very painful and very embarrassing becuase I was with my boss and others and we werent leaving for 2 more days to go home. I had to pay the dentist out of pocket. Would the golf course be liable at all for not telling me they were frozen?
thanks,
Tony
Unless you have a medically-documented case of sensory deprivation, then no. You can google "open and obvious" for a more thorough discussion.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Unless you have a medically-documented case of sensory deprivation, then no. You can google "open and obvious" for a more thorough discussion.
And, if you don't feel like typing "g-o-o-g-l-e-.-c-o-m" then here's the condensed version.
When you put that sucker in your hand it was cold and hard! Why would anyone need to TELL you that it's cold and hard??? :rolleyes:

oomarcioo

my tooth

the candy bar was cool but nothing abnormal. There are specific intesities used to bite down on things and when you bite into something a hundred times and its never frozen and she didnt tell me it was and she was a cart girl in the dessert It was unnexpected. And I did do allot of typing and what i found were law suits agains McDonalds for a frozen bagel resultingi n chipped tooth and law suit agains Kellogs for a hard corn flake and chipped tooth. I dont understand why everyones response to my question is so mean. These people are suing for embarrasment pain and suffering and dental bills. I dont want to sue I just want my bill paid for by the course that jipped me out of 200$ when i couldnt even finish my game. I guess im wrong in this?

gawm

Maybe he was still wearing his golf gloves when he ate it.:D
OP, go consult with a personal injury lawyer, if they won't do it on contingency, then you have your answer on how good of a case you have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">