• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken tooth at restaurant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alma_soul

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was eating at a restaurant this past weekend and bit down into a piece of scouring pad. The thick metal kind used to scrub pots. It chipped my tooth and after visiting the dentist today they had to crown the tooth.

The manager was notified immediately of the incident and knew exactly what the metal was from. He comped our meal and gave us a stack of gift cards. I told him my tooth was cracked and he said to get back to him with the dental bill.

My question is should I pursue costs above my dental bill. I did have sensitivity for a couple of days and was limited on what I could eat. Is there a possibility of additional pain and suffering damages as well as the costs of replacing the crowns down the road?

Thanks for your advise.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was eating at a restaurant this past weekend and bit down into a piece of scouring pad. The thick metal kind used to scrub pots. It chipped my tooth and after visiting the dentist today they had to crown the tooth.

The manager was notified immediately of the incident and knew exactly what the metal was from. He comped our meal and gave us a stack of gift cards. I told him my tooth was cracked and he said to get back to him with the dental bill.

My question is should I pursue costs above my dental bill. I did have sensitivity for a couple of days and was limited on what I could eat. Is there a possibility of additional pain and suffering damages as well as the costs of replacing the crowns down the road?

Thanks for your advise.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: sure, sue for $1.2 million to include pain and suffering.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">