• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business Law Negligence Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AlecM

I'm struggling on my business law test question and need some guidance. I assume it's a Negligence case but I'm not sure what the IRAC qualifications would be.
George and Nancy were on a camping trip to an island. They had reservations on a ferry for themselves and their car. Because they had their two mountain bikes mounted upright and on a roof rack on their car, they had to use a special lane which was also designated for motor homes, vans, and other high profile vehicles. They were parked behind a motor home. During the crossing most drivers left their cars and went on deck. When the trip was over, the driver of the motor home had not returned by the time all of the cars in the other lanes had exited. After waiting for another ten minutes, one of the employees of the ferry motioned George and Nancy to turn to the left into the next lane rather than waiting for the motor home to move. George and Nancy followed the employee's hand singals, but unfortunately their bikes struck a low clearence pipe and the frames of both of their bikes were destroyed. Disscuss the issues of the outcome of their lawusit of the ferry company.

quincy

I'm struggling on my business law test question and need some guidance. I assume it's a Negligence case but I'm not sure what the IRAC qualifications would be.
George and Nancy were on a camping trip to an island. They had reservations on a ferry for themselves and their car. Because they had their two mountain bikes mounted upright and on a roof rack on their car, they had to use a special lane which was also designated for motor homes, vans, and other high profile vehicles. They were parked behind a motor home. During the crossing most drivers left their cars and went on deck. When the trip was over, the driver of the motor home had not returned by the time all of the cars in the other lanes had exited. After waiting for another ten minutes, one of the employees of the ferry motioned George and Nancy to turn to the left into the next lane rather than waiting for the motor home to move. George and Nancy followed the employee's hand singals, but unfortunately their bikes struck a low clearence pipe and the frames of both of their bikes were destroyed. Disscuss the issues of the outcome of their lawusit of the ferry company.
I'm sorry, AlecM. I believe your professor is trying to test your knowledge of the law and not ours.

I can give you one hint, however: Laws vary in significant ways between the states.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">