• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you sue someone for giving you an STD?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

seniorjudge

stephenk said:
you have good grounds for a lawsuit. you should also have the other girls he slept with join your case.

Class action for STD relief.
And...make sure the guy has lots of money before you sue him so you can collect on a judgment.

ultimately you are still responsible for your health. Having unprotected sex in this day and time is a bad move.

Well let this serve as a lesson. The next time a guy tells you he has only slept with 5 girls in his life, multiply that number by 10 to get the real figure and reach for a condom before your thong comes off

Dr Nwaizuzu ( www.reviewphysician.com)

Last edited:
rmet4nzkx said:
Maryland is famous for several causes of action for crabs, however they all involve: entrapment ;)
Often, due process consists of corporal punishment, beating them to a pulp, mixing with crumbs, spices, beer and raw egs, formed into uniform "cakes" or fried naked in oil :rolleyes:
This is the best post of all times. My ribs are still hurting from cracking up. thanks,rmet4nzkx, for such a brilliant humor

Dr Nwaizuzu (www.reviewphysician.com)

rmet4nzkx

reviewphysician said:
This is the best post of all times. My ribs are still hurting from cracking up. thanks,rmet4nzkx, for such a brilliant humor

Might I suggest a good stout rib brace, I am on my second one myself and have good reason as some members could relate. Humor is strong medicine. :)

ENASNI

hee hee

reviewphysician said:

Physician heal thyself... and hang on there is more where that came from.

Doc RMET might major in forensics and neuroscience... but I think she goes to open mike night at the local comedy club on weekends.

rmet4nzkx

seniorjudge said:
Would you like to sue her? We can work something out....
Judgy! :eek:
Objection!
Conflict of interest, uh, can we take a recess?

Michael Jackson came to court in his Jamies. The Judge is NOT pleased! I gotta get back to this evolving drama. ;)

rmet4nzkx said:
Judgy! :eek:
Objection!
Conflict of interest, uh, can we take a recess?

Michael Jackson came to court in his Jamies. The Judge is NOT pleased! I gotta get back to this evolving drama. ;)

Michael Jackson the king of pop is turning into the king of drama. I am watching that guy closely. His next move will be to show up in court in his under-wear. With the way he is going he will be granted a "permanent" insanity plea.

rmet4nzkx

reviewphysician said:
Michael Jackson the king of pop is turning into the king of drama. I am watching that guy closely. His next move will be to show up in court in his under-wear. With the way he is going he will be granted a "permanent" insanity plea.

California no longer has a NGRI defense thanks to Dan White's "twinkie defense", the next closest thing is "Brief Psychotic Episode" so Jacko's "permanent" insanity or "Narcissistic Personality Disorder", defense are not relevant, perhaps they are believing a backdoor insanity defense will work much the same as Clinton's denial of sexual contact were condoned. Being a "personality" has it's perks, while we can only rely on testimony of what happened behind closed doors, there are many public examples of abuse, such as dangling an infant out a hotel window, which CPS was unable to fight because it was outside it's jurisdiction. It's hard to claim an insanity defense when they flaunt their abuse and know just how far and when they can get away with it. Even Jacko's own attorney can't control him.

ENASNI

Underroos--Mighty mouse.

reviewphysician said:

What is he THINKING...
I am sorry I am still remembering the little guy with so much talent. sigh

What the heck happened?

DR Rmet... you have him guilty huh?
Well I am mad at you for pretending to be my friend and then flirting with the judge behind my back...but I won't be petty... but I reserve judgement on Wacko Jacko...

jity

stephenk said:
you have good grounds for a lawsuit. you should also have the other girls he slept with join your case.

Class action for STD relief.
Are you serious? Hummm let’s see… you need to PROVE that he had the STD before he slept with you, and he knowing caused harm to another person (That’s pretty hard to do). She does have a claim, but it is EXTREAMLY doubtful she will receive a judgment in her favor.

panzertanker

It's HPV.

If that is true, I would STRONGLY suggest you make sure you have regular PAP smears as that is proven to be the leading cause of cervical cancer in women today. Not trying to scare you, but educate you.

Also, you now have a responsibility to inform your future sexual partners of your condition as you are contagious if you have active lesions.

http://www.niaid.nih.gov/factsheets/stdhpv.htm

And as the old medical joke goes:

You know genital warts is like a set of bad luggage, you always have them with you.

panzertanker

jity said:
Are you serious? Hummm let’s see… you need to PROVE that he had the STD before he slept with you, and he knowing caused harm to another person (That’s pretty hard to do). She does have a claim, but it is EXTREAMLY doubtful she will receive a judgment in her favor.
And that is true too. You may be able to prove he had knowledge of his disease prior to sleeping with you, either through medical records if he sought care, or through testimony. BUT, that will be a "tough row to hoe" as the saying goes.

Next time choose your protection wisely and your partners even more wisely...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">