• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cat on dog violence, who gets the bill?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jm31593

My 20lb boston terrier was basically jumped by my 2 roommates cats. They've both accepted & admitted via email that their cats are basically feral & did this damage, but they won't accept financial responsibility. He needs to have his eye removed as the injury caused severe glaucoma - the vet attests that it is because of the injury.
Who pays? all of us a third? just those two? they're being really rude, so it looks like we're gonna be headed for court.
We all lived together in Chicago, Illinois. I've moved out since.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
My 20lb boston terrier was basically jumped by my 2 roommates cats. They've both accepted & admitted via email that their cats are basically feral & did this damage, but they won't accept financial responsibility. He needs to have his eye removed as the injury caused severe glaucoma - the vet attests that it is because of the injury.
Who pays? all of us a third? just those two? they're being really rude, so it looks like we're gonna be headed for court.
We all lived together in Chicago, Illinois. I've moved out since.
Glaucoma:
Affects about 1% of Boston Terriers, and is caused by pressure build up in the eye; may result in blindness.
Canine Eye Disease in Boston Terriers

What causes Glaucoma?

Many different conditions can cause glaucoma. Glaucoma is classified as either primary or secondary in animals.

Primary Glaucoma is an inherited condition. Primary glaucoma occurs in many breeds of dogs, including the American ****er Spaniel, Basset Hound, Chow Chow, Shar Pei, Jack Russell Terrier, Shih Tzu, and Arctic Circle breeds (including the Siberian Husky and Elkhound). Primary glaucoma is rare in cats.

Primary Glaucoma usually begins in one eye, but in most patients it eventually affects both eyes, leading to complete blindness if not controlled.

Secondary Glaucoma occurs when other eye diseases cause decreased drainage of fluid from the inside of the eye. Common causes of secondary glaucoma include: inflammation inside the eye (uveitis); advanced cataracts; cancer in the eye; lens subluxation or luxation (i.e. displacement of the lens from its normal position; a completely luxated lens is free of all attachments and can "float around" inside the eye, causing both damage and pain) and chronic retinal detachment. Glaucoma in cats is almost always secondary to chronic uveitis. Treatment for secondary glaucoma is too broad to be presented here; it is critical to treat the cause of the glaucoma whenever possible.
Glaucoma - Animal Eye Care

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">