• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

complaint-personal injury,property damage, wrongful death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

romie41

What is the name of your state?[FONT=]undefined[/FONT]What is the name of your state?california, My ex-wife and I were divorced in 1992 but lived together for the children. In 2000 she ran off with another man, abandoning her home and children. Children were 16,18, & 19 all attending school. She now has filed a complaint wanting back all the furniture that the children and I currently use. Is there a child abandonment law that denies her the right?

RobertMiller

Complaint for personal injury, property damage, wrongful death

Thank you for your posting, and the opportunity to serve you further.

I'm confused by your heading, which refers to "wrongful death" and "personal injury", but your posting only references furniture. It sounds as though there may be bigger issues here.

If you're served, you have to respond within 30 days, or show up if you have a small claims hearing date.

I have to say, in your case, if your divorce was final (in other words, if you have a marital settlement agreement or final order from the divorce court judge), that is controlling as far as property. I'm not aware of a child abandonment law, but even if there was one, it may not apply to your furniture. (A furniture abandonment law, however, might).

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">