• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Concert hearing Damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needhelping

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new york concert. Connecticut Resident. Can you sew a concert venue if the noise levels were potentially damaging? I now have constant rining in my ears and they are also slightly muffled. This has been going on for over a month and a half now. thanks!

justalayman

Can you sew a concert venue if the noise levels were potentially damaging?
It would take a lot of material to sew a concert venue. I don't know what high noise levels would have to do with it though. What would you do once you sewed the concert venue?

are you the guy that was standing right in front of the speakers?

ecmst12

It is known that loud noise damages your hearing. It was your choice to expose yourself to it. Sue if you like, but it won't get you anything.

Mass_Shyster

It seems this issue has already been decided (against the injured party) by at least one New York Court:

Powell v. METRO ENTERTAINMENT, 195 Misc. 2d 847 - NY: Supreme Court 2003

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=14576309037266318397

This court is well aware of the suffering that a hearing loss and related conditions such as tinnitus can cause. However, in the final analysis, whether concerts are "too loud" should be decided by the Legislature[5] or the marketplace,[6] not by the courts. Litigation by an "eggshell ear" plaintiff is not an appropriate means to impose an unlegislated noise code upon performers who want to perform a certain way, and their legions of screaming fans, who want them to do just that. Lawyers learn in law school that a plaintiff with an "eggshell skull" can collect from an assailant who inflicts a slight blow to the head. However, the instant plaintiff is in the position of an "eggshell skull plaintiff" who chose to stand in a thunderous hailstorm, and who, unfortunately, cannot now be heard to complain.

racer72

I have been attending rock concerts for over 40 years and still have good hearing. The reason? I learned early on that concerts are loud and that providing myself with hearing protection would be a very smart move. I'm going to see Aerosmith next week, already have my earplugs in my car.

ecmst12

Not a whole lot that can be done for noise-induced tinnitus or hearing loss, it might go away over time or it might not, all they can really do is fit for hearing aids if the loss is severe enough. Most likely, if it was going to get better, it probably would have already. But they could do some testing to rule out another cause for the symptoms.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">