• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cross Complaint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deerjerkydave

I'm currently involved in a lawsuit resulting in a burn injury caused to my daughter at a local recreation facility. The facility has filed a cross complaint that my sister and I were partially liable for the injury. My lawyer says that it is only for indemnity and not affirmative relief. He says that it means neither me nor my sister would have to financially pay if a judgement ever stated that we were partially liable. Is that true? Are there any other ramifications to being found partially liable, like will I have to pay the legal fees of the facility's lawyers? Or does it hurt my credit or give me a criminal record? My sister has no money and is scared to death about what could happen to her with this cross complaint.

Thanks in advance.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You need to trust your attorney or find new counsel. Your attorney has access to all the paperwork and we have none.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">