• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

daugter left out of Will, father's girlfriend wins million dollar lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CloudM

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Jersey

December 20, 1999 my father, an Alzheimers Patient in a nursing home walked out and was killed by a moving vehicle. My father's girlfriend had my dad change the will a couple years prior, she got control over the estate and the law suit against the nursing home. Sept. of 2003 it was settled for an undisclosed amount. My father's girlfriend left out his 3 grandchildren, 1 of which he was very close to. My children got nothing, not even 10 dollars.

My father and I years before had a will made, and an irrovocable trust, (which we were told by lawyer that this will prevent anyone from changing the will). When my father died, we found out his girlfriend of 7 years had the will changed leaving his family nothing.
I know the statute of Limitations is over but is it over for my children to have any sort of chance of aquiring some of the estate money which was given to this incredibly selfish, cold hearted woman?

S

seniorjudge

'...My father and I years before had a will made, and an irrovocable trust, (which we were told by lawyer that this will prevent anyone from changing the will)...."

Your lawyer was wrong.

"...I know the statute of Limitations is over but is it over for my children to have any sort of chance of aquiring some of the estate money which was given to this incredibly selfish, cold hearted woman?..."

Your father wanted to give all his dough to this woman and you agreed with him since you did nothing to contest it.

CloudM

NO kidding there is much more to the story

I know my lawyer was wrong. I found that out when I spoke to several lawyers after my father died.
Why wait? Why do nothing.?
I did all I could do after my father's death. I spoke to 5 lawyers who all wanted the case...........for between 5,000-10,000. Oh yes, they told me I had a great chance of contesting the will and winning. I didn't have a dime to my name being a single parent with 2 children.
Money talks BS walks, everyone wants the case but I'm poor so I was beat.
And to comment on "there's much more to this story".
Ummmmmm yes, a few more chapters. Did I need to tell you everything? The only thing that is not disclosed is this woman took him from his home with me, isolated him for 5 years while he had alzheimers. Prevented me and my children from seeing him (however we snuck every wednesday to see him while she was out doing her Avon thing.). Attacked me infront of my children when she did see us at her home. Put my father in a nursing home which was rated LAST in NJ, and this very nursing home is the one who killed him by allowing him to walk out, even with a wander guard, the alarm went off and they ignored it. Was going to marry my father a couple years prior to his death but in the nursing home told me she canceled everything because my father was no good. Screaming at me that he is disgusting.
The only loss here is my children who loved their grandfather and are left with zero, and her 2 kids, 1 a known drug addict in town and the other a convicted agg. assualt probationer, have 2 brand new cars and one day with have her million dollars. I'm sorry, I mean my father's million dollars.

stephenk

before he died, why didn't you or other members of your dad's family file for a guardianship of your dad?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">