• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zimbra33

Hey Quincy,

Met with my attorney today, who listened to what I had to say and why I felt it was wrong. He then called the city's attorney (people DO work on Veteran's Day!! :) )

Anyways, short story:

City's attorney said he will call the auditor who will 'excise' that statement about me.

So, we will wait until tomorrow when the report is released. If it is not 'excised', then we will go forward from there. And if someone should bring it up at the Public Hearing, then I would go from there. But for now, I feel it is resolved. I don't like the fact that the Aldermen and my bosses have heard and read that statement about me, but there isn't too much I can do about it. And if anything, it probably leaves them in a pretty dangerous spot, because they know I already sought legal action to squelch it.

quincy

Any resolution that avoids a court action is always preferable, for everyone involved, so I am happy for you that the city attorney is requesting the statement be removed. I have a feeling it will be removed by the auditor, too, and not mentioned by the Alderman or your bosses at the Public Hearing. The city attorney will probably make clear to them the possible repercussions. Good news. Good!

(and, by the way, I, unfortunately, know too well that some people must work on Veteran's Day! ;))

zimbra33

Thanks for all the input everyone! The Public Hearing went well (as far as for me, it went well, for the accused it was horrible).

Thanks again! Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

quincy

I am glad to hear that you have an extra reason to be thankful this Thursday. Thanks for the update. Glad everything went well! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">