• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Demand for service not rendered in a reasonable manner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fuzzygrizzly

NY

My question does not regard legal action (at the moment), instead I'd like to know what is an appropriate way to approach a service provider with a demand for reimbursement. I'd like this to be a sound and solid approach, not pushy however but one that indicates that I am taking this situation seriously.

A local transportation provider faulted in providing a prompt service (due to their own technical difficulties) and neglected to remedy the situation for an unreasonable duration of time without providing any specific information to the commuters. The commuters were unable to disembark the vehicle effectively being stuck without resolution or access to communication or information about the unfolding situation.

When the situation was resolved (after a prolonged wait), cost of alternative transportation was incurred as the provider did not offer replacement methods of service efficient enough to compensate for time lost.

To whom such demand should be addressed to, customer service department or legal? Will a letter explaining situation and demanding restitution for time lost (and cost of alternative transportation) be the appropriate course of action?

Thank you

Proserpina

NY

My question does not regard legal action (at the moment), instead I'd like to know what is an appropriate way to approach a service provider with a demand for reimbursement. I'd like this to be a sound and solid approach, not pushy however but one that indicates that I am taking this situation seriously.

A local transportation provider faulted in providing a prompt service (due to their own technical difficulties) and neglected to remedy the situation for an unreasonable duration of time without providing any specific information to the commuters. The commuters were unable to disembark the vehicle effectively being stuck without resolution or access to communication or information about the unfolding situation.

When the situation was resolved (after a prolonged wait), cost of alternative transportation was incurred as the provider did not offer replacement methods of service efficient enough to compensate for time lost.

To whom such demand should be addressed to, customer service department or legal? Will a letter explaining situation and demanding restitution for time lost (and cost of alternative transportation) be the appropriate course of action?

Thank you

You're probably going to find that not only would such a letter end up in the circular file, but also that the provider does have a clause or two holding them harmless for delays they cannot control.

(Think "Aw heck we're stuck on this damn plane...I'm going to miss my connection")

Just Blue

NY

Thank you
Was this public transportation..(bus, subway, commuter train?) or plane? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">