• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a claim to pursue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

embarrassed guy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
(Not sure of the right place to place this question, some help would be appreciated)

I was a patient in the hospital and a female employee, taking blood, exposed her breasts to me, to the nipples, due to her blouse cut opening. The First exposure was for several minutes then she had to move to my other arm as she could not find a good vein. When she started on the other arm, her blouse was once again open. (NO buttons, just very large and open).

This time before she began to try to take blood from this other arm, I stopped her and apologized and told her she was exposing herself and it was very disconcerting. She looked at her blouse and apologized and said she must have exposed herself several times that day. She pulled the blouse up and once again bent over and started her blood collection process. Once again her blouse fell open displaying her breasts to the nipples.. This lasted for another 3-4 minutes.

Being 63 years old and married for 46 years I found this very embarrassing and disturbing. The young lady technician had to stick my arm several times because she could not get a good vein to extract the blood. I believe she stuck me 4 times before having success in the left arm. I may have had a problem because my blood flow was being directed elsewhere..

I thought the rest of the day about the situation and decided to peruse it with the Hospital Management.

I called Hospital management, who sent a Risk Management Manager to my room and I filed a complaint.

2 weeks later, I spoke with the Risk Manager who told me they investigated the situation and will implement new dress codes and assured me it will not happen again.

He asked if I was satisfied with that or did I need something more?

I told him I did not know, but thought I should talk to an attorney. I don't want to take up someones time if I do not have a case to pursue.
Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

I know most people would just say I was lucky, but I am not feeling that way, nor did I at the time. It was very difficult.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
(Not sure of the right place to place this question, some help would be appreciated)

I was a patient in the hospital and a female employee, taking blood, exposed her breasts to me, to the nipples, due to her blouse cut opening. The First exposure was for several minutes then she had to move to my other arm as she could not find a good vein. When she started on the other arm, her blouse was once again open. (NO buttons, just very large and open).

This time before she began to try to take blood from this other arm, I stopped her and apologized and told her she was exposing herself and it was very disconcerting. She looked at her blouse and apologized and said she must have exposed herself several times that day. She pulled the blouse up and once again bent over and started her blood collection process. Once again her blouse fell open displaying her breasts to the nipples.. This lasted for another 3-4 minutes.

Being 63 years old and married for 46 years I found this very embarrassing and disturbing. The young lady technician had to stick my arm several times because she could not get a good vein to extract the blood. I believe she stuck me 4 times before having success in the left arm. I may have had a problem because my blood flow was being directed elsewhere..

I thought the rest of the day about the situation and decided to peruse it with the Hospital Management.

I called Hospital management, who sent a Risk Management Manager to my room and I filed a complaint.

2 weeks later, I spoke with the Risk Manager who told me they investigated the situation and will implement new dress codes and assured me it will not happen again.

He asked if I was satisfied with that or did I need something more?

I told him I did not know, but thought I should talk to an attorney. I don't want to take up someones time if I do not have a case to pursue.
Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

I know most people would just say I was lucky, but I am not feeling that way, nor did I at the time. It was very difficult.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I really do not think that you are going to get anywhere with any kind of lawsuit because someone's breasts showed when they bent over to do something. How were you damaged? What financial loss did you suffer?

ecmst12

Seriously? Get over it. If you were that traumatized by seeing someone's breasts, you need mental help, not legal help. You have NO damages and NO case to get any money for this. You have much more cause for complaints about her inability to draw your blood successfully. You could have very easily LOOKED ELSEWHERE when she was leaning over you.

You might give a lawyer a good laugh if you were to call one over this though.

You Are Guilty

We would need photographs (or at least accurate charcoal sketches) to be able to accurately determine whether this type of claim is actionable here.

lealea1005

You could have just turned your head or closed your eyes.

You complained to the hospital management and they addressed the situation by changing their dress code.

I believe she stuck me 4 times before having success in the left arm. I may have had a problem because my blood flow was being directed elsewhere..
You're kidding, right? :rolleyes: I believe you may need an anatomy lesson....try reading the section on the circulatory system.

embarrassed guy

I really do not think that you are going to get anywhere with any kind of lawsuit because someone's breasts showed when they bent over to do something. How were you damaged? What financial loss did you suffer?
How about we change positions and I exposed my genitals (no underwear and zipper down and junk totally exposed) as she lay in bed (watching or not). Then the situation continues after she tells me about the exposure..

Proserpina

How about we change positions and I exposed my genitals (no underwear and zipper down and junk totally exposed) as she lay in bed (watching or not). Then the situation continues after she tells me about the exposure..

How about we don't, and you just let it go?

You have no damages.

Gail in Georgia

"How about we change positions and I exposed my genitals (no underwear and zipper down and junk totally exposed) as she lay in bed (watching or not). "

Her blouse accidentally opened as she bent over you while attempting to do her job of drawing blood. This is a LOT different than if you deliberately exposed your genitals. However, if you were unaware that your zipper was down and your genitals were exposed, it would be in the same category.

As others have said, get over this. How have you been damaged by this event?

Gail

embarrassed guy

Seriously? Get over it. If you were that traumatized by seeing someone's breasts, you need mental help, not legal help. You have NO damages and NO case to get any money for this. You have much more cause for complaints about her inability to draw your blood successfully. You could have very easily LOOKED ELSEWHERE when she was leaning over you.

You might give a lawyer a good laugh if you were to call one over this though.
I was specifically looking at this from a money standpoint. We see so much "sexual harassment" by just a few words being spoken and see settlements over and over. None of the recipients were "damaged or hurt" in any way.

Being in need of extra money, I just wanted to see what the possibility would be in this situation. I do feel that if the situation was reversed, the hospital would pay out quickly..

You Are Guilty

+1 for honesty, but you do realize just how many adult men deliberately go out and pay to see the breasts of women dressed as nurses, right? There is a thriving, billion+ dollar industry surrounding it. You're just not going to be making any money off this.

ecmst12

You obviously need to do more research on the definition of sexual harassment and why it damages people and why your situation doesn't qualify. I'm too busy trying not to puke at your attitude to explain it to you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
+1 for honesty, but you do realize just how many adult men deliberately go out and pay to see the breasts of women dressed as nurses, right? There is a thriving, billion+ dollar industry surrounding it. You're just not going to be making any money off this.
But the nurse probably could ;)

ecmst12

Unlikely, the nurse probably got fired over this doofus.

He's trivializing the experiences of all the people who have REALLY been sexually harassed. Someone should show him the actual meaning of the words.

Silverplum

So quotable.

I was specifically looking at this from a money standpoint. We see so much "sexual harassment" by just a few words being spoken and see settlements over and over. None of the recipients were "damaged or hurt" in any way.

Being in need of extra money, I just wanted to see what the possibility would be in this situation. I do feel that if the situation was reversed, the hospital would pay out quickly..
:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">