• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Doggie Danger.. Can I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spinkitten

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

I was living with a couple, while in their home their large dog got in my way and I ended up tripping and knocking myself out, ever since then I have not been the same physically and mentally and my medical bills are pilling up. Can I sue them? These people are aware of this, I sported a black and blue face and eye for over a month.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

I was living with a couple, while in their home their large dog got in my way and I ended up tripping and knocking myself out, ever since then I have not been the same physically and mentally and my medical bills are pilling up. Can I sue them? These people are aware of this, I sported a black and blue face and eye for over a month.
Why did YOU get in the dog's way. You should have been more careful.

Another shining example of no good deed goes unpunished.

spinkitten

They dont care if anyone gets hurt by their dogs, they do nothing to keep them from hurting others, basically their dogs rule the roost. No discipline at all. At one time they had 22 dogs. This is the reason why I didnt live with them long. Got tired of stepping in their poop, and having to watch my every step.

I tried my best to keep my balance and my main worry was not to hurt the dog, in the process of trying to be very careful the dog shifted and thats when I fell.

Infact the day I moved out they had another dog on a leash tied up to a pole and the person helping me move tripped over the dog and got hurt. The owner made no attempt to put the dog out of our way.

Just Blue

They dont care if anyone gets hurt by their dogs, they do nothing to keep them from hurting others, basically their dogs rule the roost. No discipline at all. At one time they had 22 dogs. This is the reason why I didnt live with them long. Got tired of stepping in their poop, and having to watch my every step.

I tried my best to keep my balance and my main worry was not to hurt the dog, in the process of trying to be very careful the dog shifted and thats when I fell.

Infact the day I moved out they had another dog on a leash tied up to a pole and the person helping me move tripped over the dog and got hurt. The owner made no attempt to put the dog out of our way.
I find it amazing that you manage to function in the most basic way with your thought process. Amazing.

CJane

I can understand tripping over a SMALL dog - they're ankle biters, they're difficult to see, etc.

But how often do you suppose people trip over LARGE dogs, that they did see? And still manage to fall so hard that they do permanent damage to themselves?

Cra. Z.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
But how often do you suppose people trip over LARGE dogs, that they did see?
Well, I'm gonna have to cop to that one, myself. My sister has a large dog that likes to get underfoot. Even when you see she's there, you zig, she zags, and some entanglement often ensues.

CJane

Well, I'm gonna have to cop to that one, myself. My sister has a large dog that likes to get underfoot. Even when you see she's there, you zig, she zags, and some entanglement often ensues.
Sure. I have a Mastiff whom I've managed to bump into. It's not the 'tripping' that I'm questioning. It's the apparently severe enough head injury to have lasting physical and mental effects.

tranquility

Seems like a lot of dogs are going to get their dinner garnished.

But, the owners of those dogs are not going to be found liable for the dogs walking around in their owner's house. (Unless the owner did something wrong. Laser pointer to the crotch or something.)

davew128

I suspect the OP's mental and physical state wasn't so great to begin with even before getting knocked over, I mean tripping over the dog.

OP be grateful the dog didn't think you had died. :cool:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Gonna have to put a different spin on this one, kitten; you can't even see a valid lawsuit from where you are.

spinkitten

You choose to continue living there despite the conditions.
I no longer live there I said i "USED" to and didnt stay long

I suspect the OP's mental and physical state wasn't so great to begin with even before getting knocked over, I mean tripping over the dog.

OP be grateful the dog didn't think you had died.

as far as my mental and physical state they are just fine thankyouverymuch!

I have very limited use of my right leg and with this and trying not hurt the dog I did get entangled and where I was standing it didnt give me enough room to avoid hitting anything

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">