• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drafting an injury waiver for a community sports league

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PAdude

-Pennsylvania

Hey, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to look over an injury waiver that I've written and tell me how it looks. I've put a lot of time into researching waivers thus far and used a template from another site so I think that it is pretty good, but I doubt that it is perfect. I'm starting a community sports league this summer for players ages 14 and up (there will be a mix of minors and adults) and want to have my ass covered as well as possible, just in case. I don't truly expect it to be an issue and thus the effectiveness of the waiver will not deter me from joining the league, but I would like it to be as effective as possible.

Thanks in advance! I'll send a personal message of the waiver to whoever responds.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
-Pennsylvania

Hey, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to look over an injury waiver that I've written and tell me how it looks. I've put a lot of time into researching waivers thus far and used a template from another site so I think that it is pretty good, but I doubt that it is perfect. I'm starting a community sports league this summer for players ages 14 and up (there will be a mix of minors and adults) and want to have my ass covered as well as possible, just in case. I don't truly expect it to be an issue and thus the effectiveness of the waiver will not deter me from joining the league, but I would like it to be as effective as possible.

Thanks in advance! I'll send a personal message of the waiver to whoever responds.
Your request is outside the scope of this forum. I would suggest you consult with local counsel.

Silverplum

And when you do consult local counsel, please make sure to use the word "ass" with him/her as you did with us, for identification purposes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">