• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fall at YWCA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wheretogo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

Purchased gym mats from a YWCA. While loading in/on my car, I fell and broke both elbows. Insurance company said they can only give a $1000 for medical. Is this normal? Just curious what I should do. One arm healed well. Other elbow is still painful and doesn't turn as well. It's been about 3 months. Thanks:confused:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Whose insurance company are you talking with?

If you mean that the insurance company for the YWCA is offering $1,000, then I'd say you are exceedingly lucky, as I don't see (from your post) that they have any liability at all.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

Purchased gym mats from a YWCA. While loading in/on my car, I fell and broke both elbows. Insurance company said they can only give a $1000 for medical. Is this normal? Just curious what I should do. One arm healed well. Other elbow is still painful and doesn't turn as well. It's been about 3 months. Thanks:confused:
Just curious, why should the YWCA be held responsible for you falling when loading items into your vehicle? How were they negligent?

ecmst12

They probably have $1000 in no-fault medical payments coverage on their insurance, so they are offering that as a courtesy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">