• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flying Hotdogs and Assumption of Risk

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

The Supreme Court of Missouri issued on June 24, 2014, its Opinion in John Coomer v Kansas City Royals Baseball Corporation.

Missouri's Court held in Coomer that, although a spectator at a baseball game assumes the risk that they may be hit and injured by a baseball hit into the stands, injury to a spectator from a hot dog tossed by a team's mascot does not carry that same assumption.

The decision can be accessed through the following link: http://www.courts.mo.gov/file.jsp?id=74718

quincy

Baseball is so dull, I'd welcome a flying hot dog distraction. :p
I like baseball but, for you, I suggest you avoid Kauffman Stadium games. Sluggerrr the mascot will probably not be tossing hot dogs anymore (except, perhaps, after eating one ;)).

TigerD

I was going to respond with a dig on KC ball playing, but that too much like shooting fish in a barrel.

DC

Just Blue

Wow. I was going to cook HD's tonight for a late supper...But I'll pass. Guess we will have Chereeos!! YAY!! Thanks Quincy!! :D:p

quincy

I was going to respond with a dig on KC ball playing, but that too much like shooting fish in a barrel.

DC
There were a few things that I found interesting about the Coomer case.

One was that it actually reached the Supreme Court level.

Two was that the case addressed the question: "At a baseball game, are hot dogs the same as baseballs?"

And three was the Court's (I think unnecessary) aside about the game, which was between the Royals and the Detroit Tigers. In parentheses, the Court felt the need to add that the game was "a thrilling 7-5 effort that snapped the first-place Tigers' six-game winning streak ..."

(sorry, Blue :))

Just Blue

There were a few things that I found interesting about the Coomer case.

One was that it actually reached the Supreme Court level.

Two was that the case addressed the question: "At a baseball game, are hot dogs the same as baseballs?"

And three was the Court's (I think unnecessary) aside about the game, which was between the Royals and the Detroit Tigers. In parentheses, the Court felt the need to add that the game was "a thrilling 7-5 effort that snapped the first-place Tigers' six-game winning streak ..."

(sorry, Blue :))
Don't worry about it. some honey and nut are probably better for us and easier to "make" one handed. :)

FlyingRon

I've switched from baseball to the 24 hour cricket channel (Willow) on my cable system.

I'm really getting into the India - England test matches that go on for five days (with breaks for lunch a tea) and called a draw because they still hadn't finished enough to make it official.

quincy

I've switched from baseball to the 24 hour cricket channel (Willow) on my cable system.

I'm really getting into the India - England test matches that go on for five days (with breaks for lunch a tea) and called a draw because they still hadn't finished enough to make it official.
I think I'd worry about you more, FlyingRon, if you were viewing a 24 hour curling channel (although I bet both cricket and curling could be improved with mascot hot dog tossing).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">