• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Golf Driving Range Liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pabbyjen

I am building in subdivision in Idaho. I bought the land from the city next to their golf course. The driving range only has a 10' net at the end and one of the new home owners already got hit in the face by a ball while sitting in his living room. The ball came throught an open door. The city wants me to pay for a taller net.. Any suggestions?

You Are Guilty

I am building in subdivision in Idaho. I bought the land from the city next to their golf course. The driving range only has a 10' net at the end and one of the new home owners already got hit in the face by a ball while sitting in his living room. The ball came throught an open door. The city wants me to pay for a taller net.. Any suggestions?
As I see it, you have exactly two choices here:
1) Pay for taller net
2) Do not pay for taller net

Good luck.

pabbyjen

I know I can pay or not pay. But I was wondering, is their any way to get the city to pay, or do I just need to wait until some kid gets knocked cold and then sue.

justalayman

you have to understand that the golf course was there before you bought the property. This is very similar to all the city folks that move out to the countryside and then gripe about the smell of the animals. It was there first. You knowingly purchased the property. It is up to you to do something to prevent the balls that were already landing on the property from landing on your property.

When that kids does get injured, be sure your insurance is paid up and you have good coverage since if they are on your property, it is you that failed to protect the child from a known problem.

and the first guy that responded is an actual attorney.

Last edited:

pabbyjen

I appreciate your comments. I am not just looking for an answer that sounds good to me. I want reality. I have already priced out the net and I am in negotiations with the city. I just don't want to say anything I shouldn't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">