• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hair in food

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

klorusso

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I bought my food at a drive through and when I got home and took my first bit an 8 inch long hair was in my mouth. I spit it out and ran to the bathroom and got sick. A while later I emailed the corporate office and told them what happened and I also added that I saved the food with the hair. They had their insurance company put a claim in for me and I am not sure where to go from here. Thank you

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I bought my food at a drive through and when I got home and took my first bit an 8 inch long hair was in my mouth. I spit it out and ran to the bathroom and got sick. A while later I emailed the corporate office and told them what happened and I also added that I saved the food with the hair. They had their insurance company put a claim in for me and I am not sure where to go from here. Thank you
When you get the coupons in the mail for the next meal free, send them a nice thank-you note.

You did not his the law-suit lotto.

justalayman

there is an other action that would be appropriate:

calling the Health Department.

While you would gain nothing, at least financially, by doing this, it would allow the health inspector to go in and check for violations and demand they be remedied.

ecmst12

Since the hair was not discovered at the restaurant, you can't even prove that it came from there.

I'mTheFather

Aw, you guys are just a bunch of hairanguers to this poor, hairried OP!

Kudos to you for keeping and measuring the hair, especially considering the violent reaction you had to it. Since they pay by the inch, for an 8 inch hair, you will receive 8 coupons for free meals.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">