• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hostage Situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SeriousHelpOnly

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Rather not say.

I'm not sure if I should post this, but OK.

A while back, I was taken hostage. There's no evidence remaining of the scene or that I was taken without consent.

I got out, but the taker was incapacitated, left for dead. I didn't go to the police because I didn't want to get in trouble.

Recently, there's been in investigation at the building where it happened. I'm concerned there might be DNA or something of my presence.

What should I do?

SeriousHelpOnly

By evidence, I mean the place wasn't kept the same as when I arrived. Stuff was moved around, and by now, a lot of stuff is probably rotten. Water damage too.

The police wouldn't be able to tell the original state of things, only the ending state at best.

Proserpina

Since you won't give your location, you're not likely to get much help.

If there is an investigation and your DNA is actually present, you'll hear about it soon enough.

justalayman

so, you think you killed somebody and you are claiming it was because they kidnapped you. Is that what you are claiming?

Depending on how long you were there and what happened while you were there, there could very well be your DNA present. Whether they can track it to you or not is something unknown based on the information you have provided.

ecmst12

I'm guessing this wasn't too long ago...it might not be too late for you to go to the police about what happened. I would suggest talking to (probably hiring) a criminal defense attorney first though.

las365

Is your DNA in a database because of prior trouble with the law? A profile with nothing to match it to does the police little good. Is there some other circumstance that connects you to the location, i.e. that would make you a person the police would contact in regard to an investigation regarding the location? What is the nature of the investigation that is taking place?

I'm assuming that your kidnapping had to do with drug dealing. Is that accurate? Is the person you "incapacitated" dead?

SeriousHelpOnly

Is your DNA in a database because of prior trouble with the law? A profile with nothing to match it to does the police little good. Is there some other circumstance that connects you to the location, i.e. that would make you a person the police would contact in regard to an investigation regarding the location? What is the nature of the investigation that is taking place?

I'm assuming that your kidnapping had to do with drug dealing. Is that accurate? Is the person you "incapacitated" dead?
I knew her personally, and it's possible her "friends" know me, so they might bring me in as a "usual suspect."

She might not be dead. She was unconscious when I left, but I'm not sure. I think she is because this happened a couple months ago, and I wasn't brought in for questioning. The situation was money related. I don't know if she was into drugs.

I've never been in trouble with the law before, so they shouldn't have me in a database. Do any states keep databases from medical procedures?

All I know about the investigation is there are cops stationed outside the building, and it's taped off. They've been there a few days.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sorry, this forum is for US law only.

And, if you were truly held hostage (and if you're for real), then you would have RAN to the police to report this.

Silverplum

I called both Harper-Collins and Random House, and neither is interested in your idea for a hostage novel.

That's a shame.

:cool:

CJane

I dunno, otherwise law-abiding citizen runs short on cash, needs to buy a black-market organ for his ailing grandmother. He gets a loan from a friend who has always seemed a little shady, can't make the interest payments, and is taken hostage (for ransom? for sport? <<< needs fleshed out). In true hero form, he manages to incapacitate the FEMALE thug (you have to admit, that's a nice twist), and escape with his life and dignity intact.

And now, a completely random OTHER crime has taken place in that same location, and the police may or may not find his DNA at the scene and match it to his medical records from his OWN transplant years ago. Thus connecting him to a massive money and organ laundering scheme that also has ties to the Chinese mafia.

I'm so casting Mel Gibson (post-crazy, just for fun) in this role!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">