• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I sue these two juveniles in Maryland for the assault they committed on me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jk9rum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

Last May, I went jogging and three kids (ages 15,14,14) jumped me and robbed me. I got a concussion, broken nose, huge gash under my nose, and my two front teeth are crooked now. Two of the kids were found out and charged with only 2nd degree assault, and are on house arrest. The third kid didnt actually hit me or anything, he was just there when it happened. I went to court for them, and before that I went to the dentist to figure out what has to be done to fix my teeth, and the doc said I had to wait 6 months for the roots and fibers of the two crooked teeth to heal. So all I took to court were the estimates for how much the doctor believes the cost will be to recieve restitution. in court the judge said these estimates were no good, because they were only estimates. Now 6 months later, I know what the treatment plan is going to be, I need to wear braces for 30 months and need to get 2 root canals. The braces are going to be around 6000 dollars, and teh root canals are going to be about 1500 dollars each. The two kids are on probation right now. What can I do? I remember speaking to a few lawyers on the phone back in June and they said that in Maryland you cannot sue the parents because they are not liable, and it is tough to sue the kids because they are only 15 and 14 and cannot pay me. What can I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">